Bits in cat’s fur?

Estherino

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!
I was just wondering if anybody might know what these particles in my cat’s fur might be? He seems to be cleaning himself a lot recently and gnawing at the base of his tail occasionally, so I was initially worried he might have fleas.
He has allergic flea dermatitis, so he gets a lot of scabs when he does have fleas, but I haven’t found many scabs on him, nor have I found anything moving when I combed him so I don’t think it’s that.
There’s these little red bits, could they be dandruff or something perhaps? I haven’t really noticed them on him before. He also seems to have been putting on weight recently, I’m not sure why, so I don’t know if that might relate at all.
If anybody has any ideas, I’d appreciate it! Thanks!

22CFD3A6-6C44-438A-8F6A-CC762B6B364D.jpeg
14FD9D1B-5BB3-442B-962D-CF431DFC2CCC.jpeg

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I don't know what this is, but can only tell you that cat dandruff is white, just like human dandruff. Since he is being bothered by something, you might discuss it with your Vet. It might not even require a visit since you already know he has a flea allergy. They might simply ask you to try an allergy pill or something first to see what happens...or may require a visit. It's impossible to know.