Biting my hands AND wires! Help!

johntkucz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Eath, MilkyWayGalaxy, LocalGroup, SuperVirgoCluste
Originally Posted by nightcats

someone I knew had a kitten who chewed through a tv mains cable,the Kitten died instantly and was (she said only behind the telly for a minute
) Dont know if that is true about the minute ?? but if you are looking for ways to stop animals biting through cables you are better off going to your diy store and getting some plastic tubing specially for cables to be threaded through,they are only afew pounds each here so that would be about $1.50 for a 10 foot peice and that peice will cover three seperate cables
That sounds very affordable and practical. Sweet! I take it diy="hardware store"? Thanks.

johntkucz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kalikat

I know you're being totally serious as it could be a serious problem, but the only thing that comes to mind is the persian in "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation".
haha. "very funny"
funny reference, though. really. Apparently, from that post below it "can" happen. Scary stuff. I'll get those tubes to avoid that. Just last time I had a cat I spent so much time stressing and worrying about it nibbling the wires or knocking over valuable electronic equipment, I couldn't keep it! So that's a huge obstacle, but if those tubes work, this should pose a fix.

kapmeister

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If I were to use this on the wires, any idea how often I will need to spray?

xlpooper

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She needs a buddy to keep her occupied and out of trouble.

johntkucz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DaniMarie

Trust me, there is a way to tie them up and secure them so they can't be fooled with.

We have a lotttt of computer related equipment all hooked up. (my husband builds computers for a living)

When we first got our kitten, he would be attacking everything so we went through one by one organizing the wires.

It's a pain in the butt but it has to be done for her safety.
Ummm,, could you detail how you secured those wires?