Biting/kitty litter

alli74

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all, Im new on here and have a question about my gorgeous ginger boy Bailey. He is a very (overly) affectionate lil boy and has recently started licking my chin and then nips it!! Its not a hard nip but its something that he has just started doing recently, before he used to just lick. Is this a sign of affection or could something be wrong? Also he likes to scrape his kitty litter out of the tray and it as you can imagine leaves a huge mess in my laundry. I have tried changing his litter a few times but he still does it no matter what. Anyone know how to get him to stop this behaviour as Im vacumming my laundry up to 4-5 times a day??

lovingmycats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
its a sign of happiness it is equivalent to a kiss tends to hapen with my pretty princess flower enjoy it they mean no harm.

katluver4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
its a sign of happiness it is equivalent to a kiss tends to hapen with my pretty princess flower enjoy it they mean no harm.

As for the litter problem. Most cats do love digging.
What you could try is what many members and myself use, and that is sterilite or rubbermaid deep storage totes. You can cut and entrance or just let him hop in. I know there are pictures of a few on this site, but I can't find any right now. They do work well at keeping the litter in the box.

<edit> Ha! Found one. Here is a link to another post regarding these types of boxes. http://www.thecatsite.com/t/222511/need-recommendations-for-high-back-litter-boxes

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

alli74

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks heaps :) I am off to buy x2 tub for both cats and hopefully I will now have a much cleaner laundry :) and as for showing happiness, I am very glad of that, I love my baby boys to bits :)