Biting/Attacking Face

moonkissed

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am desperate for some help/advice!

I have been fostering 4 kittens. 3 of them are normal play wise and then there is Lucy....

She is about 10 weeks old. She has an obsession with faces.

When she was younger she always wanted to sleep/cuddle against my face. She was a little angel and would curl up on my neck against my cheek. It was adorable. Now that she is older it has turned bad. She will lunge at your face every single chance she gets. Claws out and just jump right at your face. Which is a scary thing lol She will also bite at your face. Today she bit me pretty good right on my cheek.

There is no way she is going to be adopted behaving this way.

It is all done playful not attacking or mean but once she gets started she will not stop. It makes me fear she has something wrong in the head. I have never seen a cat behave this way before. And I am not sure what to do.

When she bites I yelp like I do with the other kittens. The other kittens stop she will not. She plays rough with her siblings too. I put her down and don't give her attention when she does it. It hasn't helped. I have tried blowing at her, water bottle, a loud no. Nothing is working.

She went to the vet about 2 weeks ago and got a clean bill of health.

Any advice?

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you tried redirecting her attention? By this I mean distracting her with something like her favorite toy, a piece of paper or cardboard she can tear up, or even a sound she fears.  Obviously Lucy is the type of cat that will not give up her "obsession". But you must make her understand that certain behavior is not acceptable. Try hissing, pushing her away, just like a cat would do to another cat.