Birthdays

zohdee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Do any of you celebrate your kitties birthdays?

I ask because I mentioned at work that my babies birthdays are next month and they will be a year old. I wanted to get them a new cat tree and some new toys for the occasion. They thought I was silly.

I tried explaining to them that I helped Jesse give birth to them, supplemented with bottle feedings for one of them and cared for an icky eye infection for another. They still think I am nuts.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
there's nothing wrong with you celebrating their birthdays if you want! People are quick to criticize cats it seems.
I'm sure your babies will love their new toys and tree!

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The shelter estimated Holland's birthday at May 31st (2008), so for the past two years I have told her "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!", though I haven't done anything out of the ordinary special for her. In fact, the more important date (to me!
) is October 23rd, which is her "gotcha!" day. But I spoil her every day, and if I'm out and find a toy I think she would like, I'll get it for her...

My plan for her 3rd "gotcha" day this October is a cat condo. I can't afford one, but my brother told me he could build one, and my mom has a bunch of leftover carpet from when she re-did her basement. A little wood, nails, and elbow grease should take care of the rest!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to celebrate their birthdays, but now they just get a "Happy Birthday"

With over 10 cat trees/condo's in the house and buckets of toys we don't have room to keep adding stuff

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

I used to celebrate their birthdays, but now they just get a "Happy Birthday"
Same here. Although it was more like "gotcha day" since all of my crew are rescues so I have no idea of their exact birthdays. Now, they get gifts on Christmas. It's more practical with numerous cats.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mine always get a "Happy Birthday" as well and usually get extra treats.
Most of my kitties birthdays are best guesses though. The only 2 I know for SURE are Osiris and Cleopatra II because I was with their mom while they were born on my bed.

kittygirl02

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yep! Precious' birthday is right around this time of year. I haven't yet gotten her a present but I will soon.

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my kittie's get happy birthday from me hehe! i even remember the ones that have passed away =[ the good memories of them

ecovlke

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I had planned to celebrate the birthday of three of my cats this year, but didn't since it turned into a busy day. I'm also on crutches, so that sort of hampered my plans. Next year those three cats will be ten years old on March 29th. It's special for me, since they were born one week to the day that I lost my dad. We will do it up big next year.

I have other cats that I've acquired in the last two years. Two of them were born last the weekend before July 4th, 2011. I don't know the exact day since their mom was still wild at that time. She is now tame, spayed, vaccinated and part of my family. So, we'll be having a birthday celebration for them this late June.