Birthday meal

IsaAndNena

Nena’s personal maid
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all!

my cats first birthday is right around the corner and I want to give her something special for the big day. Does anyone have any fresh meal recipes they know? She’s intolerant to fish and lives chicken and turkey especially:)

Roxabelle

Human slave to Sinclair the Kitten
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Maybe roast a chicken and give her some skinless & boneless pieces? That way you can share a birthday meal :) I have a recipe book for cats and humans to share - it is really sweet and I only ever use it for very occasional meals and special events, before anyone jumps on me! It also has a handy guide of which foods to avoid.

But some ideas from the book:

Arroz con Pollo - chicken and rice with peas
Turkey tenderloins with corn and cranberry sauce
Mini meatloaf and mashed potatoes
Vegetable stir fry
Roasted Pork Shoulder
Baked Chicken

All of the above are simple recipes and can be adapted for both humans and cats :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

IsaAndNena

Nena’s personal maid
Young Cat
Purraise
Maybe roast a chicken and give her some skinless & boneless pieces? That way you can share a birthday meal :) I have a recipe book for cats and humans to share - it is really sweet and I only ever use it for very occasional meals and special events, before anyone jumps on me! It also has a handy guide of which foods to avoid.

But some ideas from the book:

Arroz con Pollo - chicken and rice with peas
Turkey tenderloins with corn and cranberry sauce
Mini meatloaf and mashed potatoes
Vegetable stir fry
Roasted Pork Shoulder
Baked Chicken

All of the above are simple recipes and can be adapted for both humans and cats :)
Thanks so much for the ideas! I’ll be giving them a try they all sound great ☺

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Many TCS members will say that veggies and fruit have no place in a cat's diet.

Stick with plain cooked meat as as a treat. Poached chicken is great. Some cats will even eat plain cooked liver and organs.

Roxabelle

Human slave to Sinclair the Kitten
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Many TCS members will say that veggies and fruit have no place in a cat's diet.

Stick with plain cooked meat as as a treat. Poached chicken is great. Some cats will even eat plain cooked liver and organs.
Cinnamon buns have no place in my diet, but that doesn’t stop me eating them :lol: That’s why I did stress in my post that by no means it is a regular meal, and the quantities are minuscule, if anyone was concerned that I’m force-feeding my cat daily portions of broccoli :lol:

I’ve said this before with the book, that each recipe is designed as something that you could prepare for a human and a cat - by no means are the portions are the same size, and there is a clear list of elements which are fine for humans and not for cats.

My cat loves certain veggies (playing with them more than eating them) but if they are cat safe then it is perfectly fine to let her have a little nibble - they do not form the main part of her diet.

everariana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is what I made for my cats’ 1st birthday. They’re obsessed with eggs (I used to give them a little bit off my plate when I first adopted them not knowing about how bad of a habit that is) so I scrambled some up with minimal butter for the “cake,” then added Inaba Churu lickable treats on top as the “frosting” and topped it off with some shredded cheese as the “sprinkles.” They LOVED it lol!
EAA0962D-D752-42B4-A144-CDCE3C8F1116.jpeg