Billy's weight loss journey (well, maybe)

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's fantastic news! 

I'm sure Billy feels so much better without that added weight. Let's hope the weight just keeps slipping off! 

Yea Billy! Yea Laurie!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OH LAURIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: I can't believe I have missed checking in here for the last couple of months :anon: BUT :high5: :high5: :high5: THIS IS WONDERFUL NEWS and a FANTASTIC UPDATE on our darling Billy :rub: :rub: :rub: Good job, sweetie :bigthumb: Give that little man a kiss on his mustache for me. :kiss: :kiss:

Sally flew to Anchorage, Alaska :shocker: to pick up her sister who is moving to AZ. They are driving back!!! She should be back this coming week, I think. :nod:

Last edited:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just want to say I love this thread and the pictures of your cat, Billy. He does so remind me of my Max who passed in 2005. He was my soul mate cat and I will miss him forever. Your pictures just remind me of how beautiful these black and white tuxedo shiny glossy cats steal my heart.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm back and reading this wonderful news about Billy!  Great job
.  (I've got to weigh Darko again, 'cause since I was gone and DH was feeding them,  the furries were only getting two meals a day, so I'm guessing they all may have lost a little) 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok, my confidence was misplaced. :lol3: I don't know how much Billy weighs, but he's definitely gained some of the weight back. But I stopped switching up his meal amounts.... months and months ago. :anon:

I feed him 1.25 ounces per meal though, and he has definitely not gained back all of his weight, so that's at least something. He's eating 3.75 ounces daily, instead of 3.3 or 3.6, which is where we were during the meal-amount-switch up phase.

Another interesting point. I stopped trimming the fat as much from the food; I felt the amount of fat they were getting was too little. So it's likely that based on larger meals with more fat, his calories have actually gone up somewhat substantially.

Anyway, I guess I need to take him in to get him weighed, and crank up my meal-averaging spreadsheet again. Maybe we'll break down and invest in a scale... I've been over-feeding Chumley, and need to take his weight down. It's just so hard not to spoil him. :rub:

The good news is Ming Loy has gone from over 10 pounds to... I don't know what, as we don't have a scale. :lol3: I guess they weighed her when she had pancreatitis, I'll find out from the vet. But she's going in for a physical soon.

So of my three fatties, one is doing really well. :)

Oh - ETA for a P.S. Billy is not acting like he's a fat kitty. He runs around here like a NUT. Billy, Flowerbelle, and Ming Loy play like crazy, and Billy gets the zoomies numerous times a day. So he definitely FEELS good. :D

Last edited: