Bijous water just broke..?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bijoukitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's still in the box! Yay!

I'm really liking the wood chips..Nobody can get smothered, no toenails get snagged and it insulates them well when mom isn't in the box!

bijoukitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a question, What is the average cost to spay a cat?

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
An average is just an average.  Ring round the vets in your area to find out how much it will cost you.  Also ask when they are willing to spay her - some will not do it until she has weaned her kittens, at 10 weeks or so.

Don't let her out, she can get pregnant again very quickly and you also can't afford for her to not come back leaving you with tiny dependant kittens.

kelsea

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've seen prices between $45 and $250, it really all depends on your vets and your area. You can also google low cost clinics, their may be one near you.

bellesmama

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The vet I just took a cat to last week was $90, then costs for the medications and iv's. But I'm sure it varies everywhere. Love the pictures :) and I'm so glad she's being a great mama!

bijoukitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh goodness! I just called my nearest vet and they wanted over $300!!! That is absolutely insane!! I have many animals and $300 will buy a lot of feed, I just cannot afford that for a spay.

The next closest vets are over 4 hours one direction, but one is a low cost spay/neuter clinic. I guess I'll have to go with that.

Here's a few more pictures. So cute!