Bigger Litterbox?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by chichismom

Yes I would recommend a bigger box with sides even to control the litter throwing, I dont know why some cats make a mess and some dont? My little Murphy tosses litter everywhere!?!? But my Chichi is very tidy with her covering ups maybe its a boy thing?
nope - i've got all girls, & Cable throws litter all over - the other 2 don't, & neither did Mouse. it's the personality of the cat, IMO

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok so back to the litter box ordeal...

I am waiting for this next pay period to go and get Harley's new litter box.(Next Monday)

Last night we were rearranging our living room and I really wanted his litter box out of the room so I put it in the bathroom, and he seemed like he really liked it there, now he has privacy instead of being in the living room.

I got up this morning and he had used it and there were only a few bits of litter on the floor around it, which wasnt a problem. So, John stayed home from work today and when he got up, Harley had litter ALL OVER the bathroom floor, not 1 piece of litter was left in his box.

So-John moved it back into the living room and Harley hasn't had a problem since.

I think its time to go to the store and get him a new COVERED one tonight!

ginger's mum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We've just finished moving house and have figured out the far-flung litter problem without going shopping. We had a cardboard box that fit perfectly over the litter tray and cut a door in it for her, walla, privacy and contained smell & litter!
Only problem now is because DH only sees a big carboard box instead of the litter tray he forgets to clean it out (I'm preggers so is a no-no for me).

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Prego is a flinger, so I always use a convered box for him. One of them is just rectangular. The other is the Booda Dome without the steps. The Booda Dome is a lot bigger than it looks. Prego is 13 lbs and fits pretty well in it. I also like it because there are no corners to clean out.

I'd like to try the one with the steps. Do the steps really work to contain the litter? Is the box itself just as big as the one without steps?

PS. Little Harley is just adorable!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks!

I went home at noon and I caught Harley standing outside his litter box FLINGING litter onto the floor, ON PURPOSE!!!

Tonight we are getting a rubber maid tote to make his new box, I am so upset right now, I can't believe he's still doing that!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sims2fan

Rocket throws his litter everywhere and I'm not sure why either, even when he doesn't use the box.
Harley does that too and I get soooo mad! I tell him NO, but I dont think he really understands what that means. I am just furious!!