Big Storm = Scared Kitties

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I came home at noon and they both came running to the door, wanting to be petted and held, and wouldn't leave my side
I felt so bad leaving them when I had to go back to work - but I came home at 5 and they were just fine - cuddling with eachother on the bed..... awwww

forget-me-not

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We had a thunderstorm last night. The wind picked up something fierce before the storm and Astrid jumped in the window sill and was in kitty heaven with all the new smells wafting her way and things blowing around to watch.

Then we lost power. She was a little startled and freaked when it went out with a boom, but she eventually got back in her window. She hung out there until it began to lightening and thunder pretty bad; what she didn't seem to like was the candles I had lit - some were scented and I don't think she wanted that in "her" space (the backroom). Once it got bad she hid under the futon or the sideboard until it stopped. I thought she would be way more freaked out because she is so shy and skittish anyway. I guess it is just people that freak her out.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There was one that we had a couple of weeks ago. B came home and found Luna all by herself in the middle of the living room curled up and shaking. Poor thing!!

Patches will run and hide. Whitey just stays Whitey. Beauty is happy as long as she's getting love.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ours are pretty nonchalant but a sudden and close clap of thunder caught both unaware last week. I almost had 2 kitties to scrape off the ceiling.