Big Scare

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just wanted to update this post and tell you guys the bobcat who visited our yard has not been seen again. When he left our yard that day, he was treed across the field in a neighbors yard by their yellow lab. That person put the dog on his porch and the cat left. So for all you exotic cat lovers, we have not had to harm this cat. We are playing a tv or radio all the time in our out building so maybe any animals would be frightened off by people talking. I put my cats in the garage at night until the beans were cut in the fields. It is wide open space now and we are hoping the bobcat won't be back.

blondiecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow glad to hear that your babies were fine and that the Bobcat didn't make a meal out of them.

I know at one point and time I had a solid white Manx(Just like The Sammycat) anywho Rajah(the white one) was seen running a fox out of my yard. That really freaked me out cause I always thought that a fox would kill cats for a meal too. Who knows Rajah was mean and ornery anyway the fox just didn't know who he was messing with

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
why are you hating the bobcats?

im a bit confused, doesnt someone on this site keep them as pets?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The bobcats around here won't stop at domesticated cats. There is a very ambitious one around here that has gotten livestock & pet dogs. Our kitty vet has a bobcat that someone had as a pet. They didn't want it anymore, so now she has it.

kbak

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yikes! The wildlife is taking over! I live in Wyoming, so needless to say it's very rural and we have the same problem. Our's is a mountain lion that comes through here. Dang thing is getting small dog's and cats. Their very easy to get, so the wildlife really targets them. My present cat was a stray, so she will not stay inside 24/7. I do let her out during the day for short period's of time, but not at night. We're surrounded by dog's so I'm always on the lookout for what their barking at. The mountain lion hunts mostly at night. I think having all the dogs out during the day help's keep it away during daylight hour's.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I thought I would resurrect this old thread of mine about the bobcat. It was last October when he got in our yard. He has not been seen since then until last Friday. Sometime around four in the afternoon a neighbor who lives across the field was sitting on her back porch. A big cat came across the road onto their property. He walked the boundaries of their property line and finally went into the woods. She is very concerned because her grandson gets off the bus and stays with her after school. Most of the time he is playing in the backyard. That day, he just happened to be in the swing on the porch with her. But of course, it could be a different cat. I hope we don't see him again.

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bet anything he scaled your fence, I am not sure how you have your cage set up, but it sounds like you have a cat fence aroudn it, how tall is that? Maybe look into getting a taller one???