Big Kitty

crazy-cat-lover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a 2 year old Tuxedo boy who is 20 pounds! My little boy Zeus is 8 1/2 months old and he's 11 pounds. Both of my boys are 3 feet long, their tails are a foot long!

.: A List Of Large Breeds :.

Bengal

American Bobtail

Maine Coon

Ragdoll

Norwegian Forest Cat

Siberian

Pixie-Bob

American Shorthair

Savannah - Larger than any domestic cat, my personal favorite!

Snowshoe Siamese

Chausie

.: Remember! Males are always bigger than females in purebreds :.

crazy-cat-lover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Princess Purr
if you look at http://www.petfinder.com you can search for extra large kitties. I have seen some one there that are pretty big.
We have a couple of big feral kitties, our baby neo is 19 pounds and nimbus is eight monthes old and 12 pounds, we think he will end up being HUGE!
NIMBY!! Wow, he is getting heavy! Post some new pics of that big boy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phil stubbs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just make sure your not getting one as a social status booster

socal status is the last thing on my mind. most of the things i am into are things that most people dont like or dont even know exist. pretty much all of the cats i have seen in my life were just normal sized house cats or big tigers that i wouldnt want in my house. i do check the petfinder website from time to time, but i wish they would put the weight or some measurments on the site.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One way to find the size of a cat is to visit a shelter. Thats a surefire way to know.

cindy w.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Phil,

I just happened upon this thread and thought I'd add my two cents! My family has two British Shorthair cats. They are definitely a MAN'S cat. They are big, sturdy and hardy. Depending upon what the breeder breeds for, some BSH's are quite large. My Duncan is 17 pounds worth of solid cat. Almost every man that has come to my house just LOVES Duncan. They are excellent around people, children and other pets. Kind of a no-nonsense breed of cat. Short, plush hair. Quite a wonderful housecat
I'm a little biased, though...lol! He is a pedigreed BSH and is from Olivia Strongo of Elusive Blue Cattery in Simi Valley, California. She breeds for a nice, large BSH. Good luck in your choice!

Cindy W.

PS. You could check out my Webshots site to see some pics of him :

http://community.webshots.com/script...bumID=83384939

Here is my smaller BSH's album (Jellybean):

http://community.webshots.com/script...bumID=83385039

Also, I have several pictures of him posted here on the CatSite if you want to do a search

Anyways, Good Luck on your search!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phil stubbs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thanks cindy, it wouldnt let me see your pics but i did a search on that breed and got an idea of what it looks like. it looks like a nice cat, very solid looking. it just might be a little smaller than what i had in mind, but what i have in mind probly doesnt exist.