Big kitty litter box :)

frawri

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

We use rubbermaid totes, we have two that are slightly shorter and deeper and a second pair that are longer and a bit shallower
I had to say that Magnum is one great looking cat. He looks kind of annoyed in that picture. Does he have a bad attitued? LOL My guys can look just like that sometimes. :-)

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Liberty's Buddy

Personally, I prefer stainless steel over plastic for litterboxes. They don't have to be replaced for many years. This is what I will be going to next time I replace Liberty's box (we are close to this stage). All you do is go to a restaurant supply stoe and pick out what you need. Plastic eventually has bacteria problems but stainless never will. -kd
I like that idea too.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MyBabies

I have been using them for years! They don't fall apart BUT if you drop one on cement it does break!

I also saw a large litter box that has the sides go INWARD. The rubbermaid/sterilite boxes have straight up sides and my kids kick litter out like crazy! I usualy end up walking on it with WET feet!
I go thru this every morning

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

We use rubbermaid totes, we have two that are slightly shorter and deeper and a second pair that are longer and a bit shallower
these also make pretty good feral cat shelters, altho if they're outside all the time, they need to be replaced about once a year.

cagnes

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I use storage bins also... with high sides. I get them at Bed, Bath & Beyond, these are the only ones that I have ever found that are completely flat at the bottom. It makes scooping so much easier & there are no little grooves or indentations to trap dirty litter.

dara678

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hi guys,

do the cats climb into the boxes by themselves, and can they came out really easily? lol i'm worried they'll be stuck if the boxes have high walls ... and also for people who made holes in their boxes, how did you do it?

cagnes

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cats have no problem jumping in & out of thier boxes... just like they have no problem jumping on my table & counter top, which is not allowed but they do it anyway.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cagnes

My cats have no problem jumping in & out of thier boxes... just like they have no problem jumping on my table & counter top, which is not allowed but they do it anyway.
Skittles does to but she has a hard head or is deaf....