Bi-color kitties only!

Tigger's Mum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Meet Otto our Tuxedo and doesn't he look smart? Yep. He's another rescue. He was sitting on my son's lap earlier tonight and got a good pic of him. He has lovely green eyes. He's the largest of our cats, has incredibly soft fur and little tufts on his ears. He also has a thick tail, not a bushy tail, just thick so we think there's something other than moggy in him. He's very loving and friendly.

20240511_014917.jpg 20240511_014937.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Meet Otto our Tuxedo and doesn't he look smart? Yep. He's another rescue. He was sitting on my son's lap earlier tonight and got a good pic of him. He has lovely green eyes. He's the largest of our cats, has incredibly soft fur and little tufts on his ears. He also has a thick tail, not a bushy tail, just thick so we think there's something other than moggy in him. He's very loving and friendly.

View attachment 476046View attachment 476047
Otto is very handsome! And all Business CATual, I see!:redheartpump::bicolorcat::redheartpump:

Tigger's Mum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There's a backstory to Otto. I was asked to go and scan a kitten for a microchip. As soon as I was given the address, I knew who it was - my son's friend's mother. They lived in the next street to me. They couldn't keep the kitten as their own 16 year old cat hated other cats and she refused to come into their house while the kitten was there. We had a lot of snow at the time so an elderly cat outside is not a good thing. There was no chip but while I'm kneeling on the floor, Otto who was probably 8 or 9 weeks old climbed on my lap, put his paws on my shoulder and purred in my ear. "I need a human and I choose you". He came home with me and never left.

6 months later I was reading the posts from one of the local cat charities I follow - and there was an identical cat except for the beard. Same age as Otto and found very close to where he was found. No doubt they were siblings. Unfortunately, this appeared to be Otto's sister and she was very pregnant when she was found. Poor thing was only about 6/7 months old. She was taken in by the Rescue and gave birth to four lovely kittens. The good news is, she was a fantastic mother and all five got adopted.

I think there was someone breeding kittens and those that didn't sell were just dumped to fend for themselves. There's been no more kittens since Otto (prior to that Lucky was also abandoned as a kitten) so I think whoever it was has since moved away.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's a backstory to Otto. I was asked to go and scan a kitten for a microchip. As soon as I was given the address, I knew who it was - my son's friend's mother. They lived in the next street to me. They couldn't keep the kitten as their own 16 year old cat hated other cats and she refused to come into their house while the kitten was there. We had a lot of snow at the time so an elderly cat outside is not a good thing. There was no chip but while I'm kneeling on the floor, Otto who was probably 8 or 9 weeks old climbed on my lap, put his paws on my shoulder and purred in my ear. "I need a human and I choose you". He came home with me and never left.

6 months later I was reading the posts from one of the local cat charities I follow - and there was an identical cat except for the beard. Same age as Otto and found very close to where he was found. No doubt they were siblings. Unfortunately, this appeared to be Otto's sister and she was very pregnant when she was found. Poor thing was only about 6/7 months old. She was taken in by the Rescue and gave birth to four lovely kittens. The good news is, she was a fantastic mother and all five got adopted.

I think there was someone breeding kittens and those that didn't sell were just dumped to fend for themselves. There's been no more kittens since Otto (prior to that Lucky was also abandoned as a kitten) so I think whoever it was has since moved away.
It's said nothing happens by accident. Whether true or not, I'm very glad Otto chose you and you accepted. Also very glad this story turned out well for the entire furmily. :redheartpump: :yess:

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's quite a glorious tail. I would think Miles would wake up and take advantage of it :flail:
Miles acts like a big brother to Jackpot whom is the Alpha male. Jackpot is 13 months younger than Miles. When Jackpot was still a kitten poor Miles tail looked thin as Jackpot was always grabbing it.