BF's leg

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending healing vibes for your BF...
The first thing I thought of was also a insect bite...but as has been stated on here, it could be a large number of things..at the risk of being "blunt", he needs to find out what is causing this, you leg just doesn't "swell up" for no apparent reason...and if it swells too much, it could damage the circulation in the leg, as well as the muscles and nerves...Keep us posted..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

Is his leg any better?
Thanks for asking. No, its not. I left a message for the doctor, but haven't heard back yet. I asked about massage, any do's and don'ts, asked if elevation it is helpful, and said that he's still in pain. The pain was bad this morning, but not so bad yesterday. The swelling is still the same. I left my cell # and our home # in case he can't discuss it with me for legal reasons (even though I'm the one who photocopied his medical records to bring to this doctor, made the appointment, and went with him so that I could tell the doctor things that my BF forgets.)
. Unfortunately if he calls the home phone, he will just end up leaving a message because we both work.

This is very frustrating because I really love him and want him to be well. It was hard enough to get my BF to keep the original appointment - then there was the venus doppler, the fasting, and the blood tests before the last doctor appointment. Other than being relieved that a blood clot has been ruled out, THANK GOD, he is no better off than if he never went to the doctor.

consumerkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Renee, I just found this thread and I'm sending mega healing vibes for your bf! My intuition is saying go to the ER. They deal with different kinds of afflictions than regular doctors and I have a feeling they might be able to help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by consumercity

Renee, I just found this thread and I'm sending mega healing vibes for your bf! My intuition is saying go to the ER. They deal with different kinds of afflictions than regular doctors and I have a feeling they might be able to help.
Thank you Barbara.
If it were one of the kitties the medical treatment would be totally up to me. In this case, my BF has to agree to go so... I'm kind of beating my head against a wall. He is very concerned about what his insurance will cover. Since he already went to the hospital for the venus doppler and blood tests, I doubt I can talk him into taking the chance. He did finally agree to make another Dr appointment if it isn't better in a couple of weeks. He seemed glad that I left a message for the doctor too.