Beyond Wild Prey-inspired Turkey, Liver & Quail Recipe

zoocat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is a fairly new Beyond cat food—pate
Seems to have fairly good ingredients—does have gar gum and Vitamin K but other than that, looks good. It is more expensive than the other Beyond cans though. My boys liked it so I’ll add it to their rotation but it costs more than I’d like for frequent use.

Purina Beyond Wild Prey-Inspired Turkey, Liver & Quail Recipe Canned Cat Food
Ingredients
  • Turkey, Chicken, Liver, Turkey Broth, Quail, Chicken Liver, Carrots, Egg Product, Chicken Hearts, Essential Nutrients And Other Ingredients: Minerals (Potassium Chloride, Salt, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Calcium Carbonate, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Potassium Iodide), Guar Gum, Amino Acids (Taurine), Vitamins (Choline, Vitamin B-1, Vitamin E, Vitamin B-3, Vitamin B-5, Vitamin A, Vitamin B-6, Vitamin B-2, Vitamin B-12, Vitamin K, Folic Acid, Vitamin D-3). A430017.
Caloric Content 1155 kcal/kg, 99 kcal/can
Guaranteed Analysis
Crude Protein. 10.0% min
Crude Fat. 6.0% min
Crude Fiber 1.0% max
Moisture 78.0% max
Ash 3.5% max
Taurine 0.05% min
At Chewey: $15.99 for 12–3 oz cans—-$1.33/can. I did find it at PetSmart too.

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was looking at that one the other day and want to try it but I can’t find it anywhere.. where did you get it? I just saw you got it at PetSmart. Last time I went I could not find it. Maybe it’s too new. :headscratch:
It looks really good ingredients wise.

mikameek

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I get so nervous when Vitamin K is mentioned because vitamin K (without the number 3) is good! So when they label it just Vitamin K, I feel the need to email the company to ask if it's regular K or K3. :(

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I get so nervous when Vitamin K is mentioned because vitamin K (without the number 3) is good! So when they label it just Vitamin K, I feel the need to email the company to ask if it's regular K or K3. :(
I’m not extremely worried about it. The dose makes the poison. I don’t think there is enough in there to cause problems.

mikameek

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I’m not extremely worried about it. The dose makes the poison. I don’t think there is enough in there to cause problems.
I only worry because my cat is only 3 and has some major liver issues. We were in serious fatty liver syndrome for a while along with gallbladder issues. We've just recently gotten back to having a properly functioning liver again. I just don't want to give her anything that might mess that up again. :/

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I only worry because my cat is only 3 and has some major liver issues. We were in serious fatty liver syndrome for a while along with gallbladder issues. We've just recently gotten back to having a properly functioning liver again. I just don't want to give her anything that might mess that up again. :/
Oh no. Poor kitty. I’m glad she is doing better. What I try to do is feed a large variety of brands. Some have the K3 and some don’t. That way I “ dilute “ it further

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zoocat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was looking at that one the other day and want to try it but I can’t find it anywhere.. where did you get it? I just saw you got it at PetSmart. Last time I went I could not find it. Maybe it’s too new. :headscratch:
It looks really good ingredients wise.
I went last week—it was the first time I’d seen it there. I usually only go once a month.

mikameek

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh no. Poor kitty. I’m glad she is doing better. What I try to do is feed a large variety of brands. Some have the K3 and some don’t. That way I “ dilute “ it further
Thank you! Yeah, I think once I get comfortable again (less paranoid, I mean ;)), I'll end up doing that. My cat seems to really love her Fancy Feast so we'll probably go back to that.

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you! Yeah, I think once I get comfortable again (less paranoid, I mean ;)), I'll end up doing that. My cat seems to really love her Fancy Feast so we'll probably go back to that.
If that’s what she does well on I’d definitely keep her on that. I feed my two an occasional can of fancy feast. I also give them purina pro plan true nature from time to time.
I don’t blame you for being paranoid.. I’d be the same way. Let’s hope she continues to do well and is back to normal in no time :vibes:

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As far as i know according to AAFCO, the only approved source of vitamin k is menadione, or synthetic vitamin k3. I am surprised they only listed it as vitamin K?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zoocat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
As far as i know according to AAFCO, the only approved source of vitamin k is menadione, or synthetic vitamin k3. I am surprised they only listed it as vitamin K?
That is strange, because on all the other varieties it does list it as menadione. But on the official Purina Beyond site as well as Chewey it only says VitaminK. The only one I feed that doesn’t have it at all (at least according to the label) is the beef,chicken and carrot.

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If it’s so awful why would they put it in cat food? It just doesn’t make sense. I think I read some where that AAFCO is requiring it.? That’s why it’s popping up in foods that never had it before like tiki cat and nutro perfect portions :dunno:

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So I went to PetSmart the other day and picked up a few cans to try ( 1.59$ per can!!!!) and I split a 3 oz can between my guys for lunch today. They both ate it on the first try !! I’ll try it a few more times and if they continue to like it I’ll add it to their rotation :yess: .. I love finding new decent foods that they like!