Beyond Furious!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
And certainly the noise small yappy dogs make would be sooooo much worse than a bigger dog!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

And certainly the noise small yappy dogs make would be sooooo much worse than a bigger dog!

I would much rather hear a deep bark, then the yipper yappers!!

So sorry your baby wasnt allowed. Just plain stupid!!!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope you find some place Nat...I have seen your puppies pics they are so SWEET! We snuck Bella and Sophia in a hotel one night just for over night we were so tired we had to stop driving or we would have crashed.

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if it helps... but I once stayed at a Super 8 with two large lab mixes. It was a $25 cash deposit per dog which they refund once they 'check the room for damage'. They didn't even bother to look... not that there was any.

But the room was big, the king size bed was comfy, the dogs thought the stairs were too cool, both of their cages fit in the room and the whole thing cost me less than $100.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my goodness! some people!

I don't see labs as a problem, heck I have two mixes and they are the BEST dogs I have ever had! however, my Rocky was such a naughty puppy you wouldn't ever know it now.
I think they need to meet your dog first!
maybe they would let your dog in if you brought a crate? It's not like she's going to rip the rooms up into shreds! I hope you find some place so you can take her with you, I am sure you will.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You know, they probably would've let my other dog come, she not much Lab. Thing is, the other dog, Macey, has actually bitten people.

I've fumed, I've vented to a bunch of different people. I'm good now. I do still plan to send an e-mail to the chain, a nice one, educating them on how breed bans hurt business. My dad always stayed in their hotels on business & no longer will.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, that sucks. I can't believe they would ban labs as a breed, unless they're worried about people getting licked to death

As several have already said, it's really the owners, not the dog breed that makes the difference.

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Alot of people view Labs as destructive because left on their own if they get board they can really mess a place up. But really any dog can do that. I hope you find a place to stay!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

This is a hotel that allows pets. They were all OK with me brining my dog, who I had said was around 50-60 lbs. Then they asked what breed. After I told them Lab, they said that they do not allow Labs! I assume there are other breeds they "ban" in their hotel as well!! This is one that allows dogs under either 50 lbs. or 75 lbs., I think 75 lbs.

You would be surprised just how many hotels allow pets! I've got a list of over 50 in front of me!
My breed of choice is usually in the those stupid blanket breed bans, I know how you feel! But I carry my dogs records of their CGC's, other titles, obedience classes taken and passed, show titles, vaccinations, and other proof they are good dogs if I need to fight "breedism". It really does help. I feel like a salesman, but every little victory counts when it comes to helping stereotypes. It doesn't hurt two of mine are therapy dogs and love people.

Back in college I thought I would have a hard time finding a place to live with that breed of dog, however, I was so prepared and very serious about my dogs I always had my pick of places to live due to the work I did before hand to sell myself and my particular animals (not that breed, I made it more individualized than a blanket statement)

I bet Labs are banned simply because they are overbred and the most popular breed in the US and as a result more Labs come into their hotel than any other dog. So stats speaking, Labs might cause more damage or frustration among guests but if they would look at the numbers I bet you Labs aren't causing more trouble than any other dog group. I am sorry you have to put up with such nonsense that is not fair for them to group your dog in with all other dogs, every dog has the potential to tear things up and be destructive. But those dogs can just be in a crate while owners are gone and that would help. I bet they lose a lot of money and people banning Labs. Sorry you had to deal with that! It doesn't make much sense