Beware of Meow Mix wet food! Found BONES in my cat's bowl

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The last post from the OP was in December. It is terrible that the finding of bones is still going on. Meow Mix is one of Purina's cheapest foods and that is reflected in the quality and quality control. I would suggest you go to Friskies, pate style particlularly , and the poultry platter is the best of all the Friskies.

greenpower5

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I found a bone in my meow mix and decided to search and found this site. I guess I'll report to food and drug too but does not look like its being taken seriously .

rosethewerecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, I'm new to the site and joined in hopes of spreading the word about a scary occurrence with wet food. My cats eat dry and wet food mixed together and last week I FOUND A BONE in the wet food. It was 1 inch long and sharp. I emailed Meow Mix and have yet to hear from them. Two days later, I found a second bone in their food- this one was a wish bone approximately 3/4 of an inch long. I was TERRIFIED that one of my babies could have eaten this and hurt their throat or stomach. 

My husband and I decided to contact the FDA and file a complaint against the company. TWO BONES IS TOO MANY in our opinion! There will be an investigation against Meow Mix through the FDA and we opened a complaint with Meow Mix as well. I returned all the unopened containers of wet food to the store and told the manager there. She was astounded that the bones were so large and sharp. She told me to print out information from the FDA investigation once its over and she can refuse to sell the food in that store. 

PLEASE BE CAREFUL, CAT OWNERS! I love my cats very much, they are part of the family to me. For this to happen, I'm outraged- my cats could have become very sick and/or injured from this food. 

I am now researching how to make homemade cat wet food so that I can control exactly what my cats are consuming. Thanks for reading and please spread the word about the dangers of Meow Mix brand. 

Love, 
Wasabi & Benny's Mommy 
thank you I was thinking about buying that stuff but I'm never going to even think about that again

thehistorian

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I personally would never ever feed my cat Meow Mix of any sort. If you were not going to do homemade I would have suggested Fancy Feast or Sheba as healthier and better choices.