Better Late Than Never...

Cielle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think I've done things a bit out of order on this forum. I've been here roughly two months (wow!) and have only just gotten around to introducing myself. Some of you may know me already from posts in the health section or unfortunately from Crossing the Bridge.
I'm a twenty-two year old college dropout still figuring out what I'm doing in New Orleans. I've loved cats since I was very small, (one of my first words was Lilah, the name of my childhood neighbor's cats) but I haven't been able to have one as a pet for many years. My mom doesn't like pets in the house. But! I'm living on my own now, and I adopted a wonderful sunbeam cream bean cinnamon loaf named Steven. (Yes, that's the technical name for his breed, of course).

Oh, this is out of order too. Between paying for Steve's shots and neuter and actually getting to take him home, I accidentally adopted a screaming, starving, fungus and flea infested parking-lot kitten. For a precious 6 weeks I nursed my Babycake to health. After he got his fiv and felv test and shots, I got to pick up Steve. For two days I had two kitties! Then Cakepop contracted panleukopenia and died at 9 weeks.
That's water under the (rainbow?) bridge now. I miss him now and I'll miss him forever, and it hurts, but THIS post is the only one I've made here that is not about Cakepop.
(Really, find any other post I've made to read about my little orange monster in great detail.)
Right now, I want to introduce you all to Steven.
IMG_1080.JPG

He is an angel. He is gentle and sweet and calm and he purrs very loud.
Please pardon my swollen crying face.
1C18F63D-A569-42C6-B8CA-66CDB33A93DB.gif

I'm very lucky to have such a loving and relaxed kitty to keep me company while I'm dealing with the loss of Cakepop.

He's been vaccinated and received one round of boosters two weeks ago, and I steamed, bleached, and resteamed my floor, but I'm extremely paranoid about the virus still so we are likely going to spend a week at my mom's house soon.
Anyway. More pics now. Because that's my favorite part.

IMG_1090.JPG
AEDDB544-5FEE-4C24-A72E-CD20908A97E8.gif
1F9D9665-7B98-487E-9893-06BEF21D99AE.gif
IMG_1098.JPG
IMG_1156.PNG
IMG_1233.JPG
40FEB70A-6221-4BC2-B52B-2F545FB67D6D.gif

As you can see, he loves bathtubs, sunny patches, and snuggles.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
A very warm welcome to Steven and you. :wave3: I think most of us are familiar with Babycake so doing things out of order is fine, you had other priorities with Cake's health. But I'm happy you were able to do a formal introduction and post pics of Steven. He is a very handsome fellow. I look forward to seeing Steven and you around the forum. :bluepaw:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cielle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'll post more pics as I take them!
I really am so lucky to have him, I don't know what I would have done without him. Maybe corralled the ferals into the house and begged them to love me? They only sort of tolerate me if I have food in hand right now. Hah.

Anyway.
Enjoy this video of Steebun complaining that I was taking a bath. :lol:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:hugs:

Welcome to you and handsome Steven. You two are lovely together. :cloud9:

Steven will help you get through the loss of little Cake. The pain will lessen with time. RIP baby Cake. :alright:

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! Steven is a cutie. Sweet meow and such big ears! Sorry for your loss of Cakepop. :rbheart:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site. :wave2: Steven is a very handsome boy. Love the pictures. Especially the one with the sunbeams shining through the fence.

Also condolences on the loss of Babycake. So sorry his life was so tragically short. RIP sweet baby. :angel: I hope Steven will help mend your broken heart. :catrub:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hey, Darlin! So glad to finally, officially, meet little Steve! He is a sweetheart, isn't he, and such a handsome little boy! I am so looking forward to watching him grow! Dang. I use a lot of exclamation marks...I think it is because they look like little cat fannies!!!!!

Hekitty is disgusted when I take a bath. She considers it unnatural in the extreme to pull off one's fur and sit about in puddles of water, no matter how warm it might be, and says to tell Steve that he has the proper cattitude about it. She doesn't meow at me though, she sits in the bathroom door with her back to me, shunning me.

Summercats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi, lovely pics:lovecat:
I am fairly new, so am not familiar with your whole situation but am sorry to hear about your other little one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cielle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Steven was used to living with his siblings and when we took him he had Cake to play with. Without other kitties around he was so bored and needy and restless. I got him a teaser mouse and some other little toys but he still woke us up in the middle of the night crying and wanting to run around and play. He's had his last round of boosters now so we adopted another cat from the shelter for him to hang out with.
It's a big one year old poof we named Aris. He's from the cat room so he's very friendly with other kitties and he's old enough that he's had all his shots and time to develop his immune system too. They both had good checkups so no more vet visits for a year if all goes well. I'm probably going to miss my vets, I was seeing them like every week or two for a while.
Here's some kitty pics!
IMG_1506.JPG

10171BC3-577B-4964-BFF7-DA76EE12EA1E.gif

B469FBEF-B3ED-46D2-8012-5679359722AB.gif
IMG_1332.JPG

3758CE88-7AFA-41C2-89DF-7757BAA223B4.gif

IMG_1330.JPG

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They are so cute together! It's so nice when they make friends like that.Bless you for giving another lucky kitty a good, loving home! I hope the three of you have many happy, healthy years together! :hugs: