Best wet food

FrankieTheCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My senior cat Frankie that passed away last year had multiple issues. Most of them showed up when she was around 11-12 years old. I didn't feed her wet food for the majority of her life (I didn't know 😔) so I feel like I partook in that. It was later on that I only fed her wet food. She had hyperthyroidism and ckd and in the end she had chf and cancer. Anyway I want to avoid as best as I can these things with my current babies. All three eat only wet food and I add water to every bowl. Stitch the 2 month old is on fancy feast kitten. Baymax and leia are on 4health wet food. I know they aren't the best but with my fiances salary increase and my hour increase I'm sure we can afford something a bit better. I was researching and I found out brands like tiki cat, nutro and weruva are good. Any thoughts? Suggestions? I came across a horrific story about a male cat and FLUTD and oh my goodness I want to do everything in my power to prevent that. I appreciate it! 🤗🐱🐾

20230911_221543.jpg
20230911_173953.jpg
20230708_134517.jpg

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi, I like Weruva quite a lot, including that their website is transparent and that I got even more information from their rep a year or so ago. The bottom line is that the company does their utmost best to keep at least two important ingredients that are often pinpointed in CKD and in hyperthyroidism, (phosphorus and iodine respectively), as low as the AAFCO allows.

I have thought for quite a while that if you can rotate several brands, you'll be accomplishing several beneficial things; one being that you will be more likely to have a cat that will accept a different brand of cat food in the future should it become necessary, and also you'll be providing them with a variety of nutrients :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FrankieTheCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, I like Weruva quite a lot, including that their website is transparent and that I got even more information from their rep a year or so ago. The bottom line is that the company does their utmost best to keep at least two important ingredients that are often pinpointed in CKD and in hyperthyroidism, (phosphorus and iodine respectively), as low as the AAFCO allows.

I have thought for quite a while that if you can rotate several brands, you'll be accomplishing several beneficial things; one being that you will be more likely to have a cat that will accept a different brand of cat food in the future should it become necessary, and also you'll be providing them with a variety of nutrients :)
Oh great! I had my girl Frankie on weruva within her last year and a half of life, but she was always a picky eater and I couldn't get her to stay on brand for longer than a month but I think her sickness had a play in it too. I will give weruva a try! I hope they like it lol Thanks so much. 💜

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My senior cat Frankie that passed away last year had multiple issues. Most of them showed up when she was around 11-12 years old. I didn't feed her wet food for the majority of her life (I didn't know 😔) so I feel like I partook in that. It was later on that I only fed her wet food. She had hyperthyroidism and ckd and in the end she had chf and cancer. Anyway I want to avoid as best as I can these things with my current babies. All three eat only wet food and I add water to every bowl. Stitch the 2 month old is on fancy feast kitten. Baymax and leia are on 4health wet food. I know they aren't the best but with my fiances salary increase and my hour increase I'm sure we can afford something a bit better. I was researching and I found out brands like tiki cat, nutro and weruva are good. Any thoughts? Suggestions? I came across a horrific story about a male cat and FLUTD and oh my goodness I want to do everything in my power to prevent that. I appreciate it! 🤗🐱🐾

View attachment 459545
View attachment 459546
View attachment 459547
Cute kitties. What are the 2 cat heads your holding in your hand and where did you get them?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FrankieTheCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cute kitties. What are the 2 cat heads your holding in your hand and where did you get them?
Thank you!! Oh those are a pair or earrings I found on SHEIN. 😆