Best Vacations?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
So I had asked about your worst vacation spot , What are some of the places that you would absolutely go back to?

We enjoy going to the White Mountains of New Hampshire and the Maine Coast and go often. We went to Bermuda on our honeymoon and I would definitely go back. We enjoyed Ireland. I would definitely return to Sonoma County and Napa Valley.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Napa Valley, Yosemite National Park, San Francisco, Key West.
I loved Napa, could live there as well as SF and KW.

EDIT: Forgot about Toronto, loved it there and could live there.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I had a great time visiting Sacramento earlier this year. Walked everywhere around downtown/old town and really enjoyed the feel of the place.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Several years ago, Michele and I took a trip through New England. We spent several days in Mystic, Conn., went whale-watching out of Gloucester, Mass., went up to Bath, Maine, then through Concord, NH and Barre, VT. It was an enjoyable time, and the only fault was that it was over too soon.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Some years back I took the train across Canada from Toronto to Vancouver. It was three or maybe four days, fabulous old sleeper compartments, great dining, interesting passengers and wonderful scenery. And Vancouver was a great city to walk and shop. I would definitely repeat and would include some of the excursion trains that go up from Canada to Alaska.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'd go back to Grand Mesa, Colorado without any hesitation. Ten years ago I spent a week at a huge ranch there that was absolutely fabulous. The great room of the private hunting lodge was the size of our house. Apart from all the cattle and horses, there was plenty of wildlife, like deer, elk, moose, bears, minks, eagles, and mountain lions (though we only saw the tracks and half-eaten prey of the latter). The bears were a bit scary. We explored on horseback and ATVs as well as in Jeeps. It was a dream vacation.

My favorite city is Salzburg, Austria, though Vienna, London, Edinburgh, Montreal, and Budapest would merit more visits.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Key West (Hemmingway's kitties!!), The Outer Banks, Disney (but only if I've had a good 18 months to recover from the last time :lol:), Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge.

I really need more actual vacations in my life. :p

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Outer Banks...spent the whole summer when I was 14...Keene and Lake Placid,NY and Gloucester,Massachusetts.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite spots so far are Thailand and Galapagos. Thailand is sooo affordable and there are so many things to do there! The food is delicious of course. It's a beautiful country. Another favorite is the Galapagos islands. Many of the animals there are unafraid of humans. :) I would absolutely go back to these in a heartbeat...but so many places to go! Next up is Australia in September. :) Excited for the 3 day dive cruise.

Galapagos
20180509_181439.jpg
20180514_095312.jpg

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This may sound a bit boring to some, but, since my anxiety limits me as much as it does, the best vacation I have had was to Donna's of Berlin in Berlin, Ohio. My husband and I went for two days for our first anniversary. We rented one of the chalets in the woods. I want to go back for our fifth anniversary. It is perfect for us because there was little interaction with people and was somewhat secluded without making me freak out thinking that there was a murderer in the woods.

We went to Brandywine Fall's Inn for our honeymoon. It was a bit rustic but lovely. My only complaints are that they came to the room really early if you had breakfast delivered rather than joined everyone and there is no WIFI. The plus was that they had goats and cats.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I would love to go back to Yellow Stone National Park.. Second place, Costa Rica

I do want to go to the Hilton Head Beach every summer

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Pakistan, Mongolia and Rapa Nui.

OK, I know they're not everyone's idea of a relaxing vacation spot, but I had a wonderful time in all of these places.

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Which part of the Maine coast do you go to, if you don't mind me asking?

Asks the person from Maine. :lol: We’ve stayed as far Lubec/Eastport, but that was years ago on the way to the Canadian Maritimes. We’ve stayed in Bar Harbor multiple times, the Camden area, Portland, York, Kittery. We stayed in Boothday Harbor for a few nights a while back. We usually stick to route 1 unless the traffic is really bad. Often when we head to the White Mountains we head up the coast of Maine for a bit and then cut over, either from Portland or Wells/Kennebunk. My husband likes a lot of the breweries along the way so we stop in for him to get beer. :lol:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
My family of 10 enjoyed our Singapore vacation, out of the many vacations we have had. Next year I am planning to bring them to Thailand or to Jeju Island in SK. I hope it would be equally amazing.