Best toys for keeping cats stimulated

shapopo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I feel like they might be really bored during the day. I do keep music playing for them. Does anyone have any good suggestion for toys that will keep them stimulated when I'm not home? Preferably something that does not require power or battery operation.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats like the rabbit fur mice only problem is they look so realistic I've had people scream upon seeing them.

mysticotala

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I bought a Petlinks Tweet Thing Wobble Cat Toy for my new cat who is still sequestered away.  He goes MENTAL over that thing.  It does chirp, but it isn't the kind where you change the batteries or anything.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shapopo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cats like the rabbit fur mice only problem is they look so realistic I've had people scream upon seeing them.
I'm gonna try buying them one. They have a lot of toys like balls and things but they end up not playing with it.

I bought a Petlinks Tweet Thing Wobble Cat Toy for my new cat who is still sequestered away.  He goes MENTAL over that thing.  It does chirp, but it isn't the kind where you change the batteries or anything.
I have a thing like that that wobbles. It's a ball with some fur bits on them. They played with it for about 5 minutes and don't play with it anymore. I'll give this one a try. Thanks for the suggestion. It looks like something they'll like.

amethyst

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You could also try one of those ball and track toys. There are several different ones, some that light up or make noise, I have one that the ball you can put treats in it, so they fall out on the track then the cat has to fish it out. I also have a wooden box with holes on the sides, that has a wooden ball inside that rolls around but doesn't come out. I put treats and toys inside that the cats have to work to get out. You could even make the same kind of thing with a card board box. Cut some holes in the sides big enough for a paw to fit through, put a few toys and treats inside, and tape the whole thing shut. Only give them the toy/treat box when you are going out though, so it's something they only get to play with when you aren't home.

sargon

High Priest of Freya, The Slightly Bitey.
Super Cat
Purraise
cat dancer has a product which can be stuck on a wall. it is basically a thick sticker that holds their usual "wand toy."  It is quite cheap (around 5 bucks) and is one of my cat's favorite toys.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
cat dancer has a product which can be stuck on a wall. it is basically a thick sticker that holds their usual "wand toy."  It is quite cheap (around 5 bucks) and is one of my cat's favorite toys.
That's the one my cat tore part of the wall with. Works better attached to a vyanal floor tbh unless your cat is destructive.