Best Probiotic...is there one?

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just an update - I took advantage of the free sample (it's $6 shipping, which is refundable on next order) and the small bottom (68 servings, it says) showed up within 4 days. Great customer service so far!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by darlili

Just an update - I took advantage of the free sample (it's $6 shipping, which is refundable on next order) and the small bottom (68 servings, it says) showed up within 4 days. Great customer service so far!
excellent. Do let us know how it works

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
After reading this thread a couple of times....
I still don't understand why Prozyme is considered to be a pro-biotic instead of an enzyme.

Are there pro-biotics in it?

If I use Holistic Solutions, or any other pro-biotic, can I mix it into a liquid and give orally by syringe after or before a meal?

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

After reading this thread a couple of times....
I still don't understand why Prozyme is considered to be a pro-biotic instead of an enzyme.

Are there pro-biotics in it?
It contains only digestive enzymes, no probiotics.

If I use Holistic Solutions, or any other pro-biotic, can I mix it into a liquid and give orally by syringe after or before a meal?
I don't know of any reason why not. I used to mix up a "gruel" of HS, brewers yeast and water and give it to Coco before every meal. She *loves* brewers yeast and would scarf up the gruel everytime.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mschauer

It contains only digestive enzymes, no probiotics.
At last, an answer that I can understand.

I just got back from our vet's office where I bought a box of 20 FortiFlora for Isis, who has been on a run of antibiotics.
I am thinking about starting Dexter, who will be 9 in July, on enzymes to help his aging digestive tract.
Later, I might put Isis on some too.
I don't know of any reason why not. I used to mix up a "gruel" of HS, brewers yeast and water and give it to Coco before every meal. She *loves* brewers yeast and would scarf up the gruel everytime.
Coco's gruel sounds yummy.

I asked our vet, while we were at his office, about making a gruel...
he gave it the OK.

Thanks for your feedback..
I will post about Isis's reaction to the FortiFlora after she has had a few doses.