Best Over the Counter General Dewormer

SOBRYAN

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Need recommendations for best general Dewormer (have 4 cats). Vet charges $20 to pop
a pill in their mouth plus Office visit and not even sure they have a worm problem.

StanAndAlf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Depends on your area. Personally I use a product called Milpro, with a separate product called Popantel which specifically targets tape worms. You can also get a pill popper online, which is basically a small stick that holds the tablet while you push it to the back of their throat. Makes tableting a lot easier for cats that won't let you use your fingers or are fussy and won't let you hide it in treats.

If you want to try treats, Greenies have a popular pill pocket you can hide the tablets in.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
While this is not OTC, it might work for you. Revolution Plus, available through your vet (check online for other sources) takes care of fleas, ticks, worms, and heartworms! It's in drop form...simply apply to the neck. I have a very hard-to-pill cat, and it has been a life-saver.

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OTC products can do far more harm than good for their health, or might do absolutely nothing to treat worms. Either option would cost you more. If it costs more to take to the vet than you can afford, maybe you can use drops like Broadline or Profender? I think pills are better and safer though. So if you can pill them at home, that would be better.