Best mouse bait?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I say take the little mouse to a field. One time at work I caught a baby mouse (by hand)...long story but my cats taught me well in how to catch a mouse

I took him outside and let him go at the end of the parking lot into the field.

noludoru

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

I did a Google search, and apparently those sticky traps aren't sold in Germany. I couldn't find any links. That's odd, because I've seen the "snap" ones in stores. Although I grew up in the U.S., and lived in an old house, nobody in my family ever got upset about "rodent sub-tenants", as we had dogs, cats, reptiles, rodents, and, and, and, so never used traps.

DH and I are now discussing where to release the mouse/mice should the traps work. Our yard is kitty city, thanks to all the catnip there, not to mention mice and rats, so not the best solution. A nice field, perhaps? Or our garage.
Make sure you release them at least three miles away, or they will almost surely find their way back.

I never knew about the glue traps... how terrible.... We have the um, merciful kind I guess.....if you know what I mean.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

I wonder how she'd react if I told her the house is built on top of a cemetery that was closed in the Middle Ages, or that there's a "secret" underground passage that leads to a wine cellar located under the street (which I bet has rats, as my f-i-l insists on storing his potatoes there)? I'd better not - these tenants pay their rent on time, and don't cause any trouble.
Cool! I love a house with history.

I would also recommend PB for mouse traps. Works for us. We also had a "mouse jar" of peanut butter!

Those sticky traps sound horrible.