Best & most economical cat litter in Australia?

lindz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just wondering if anyone has found a great litter (available in Australia) that is safe (not dusty etc) but also reasonably inexpensive? I want to stop using clay litter but can't afford to spend too much. All the reviews I've read have only made me more confused!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lindz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have just tried a new litter (paper pellets) over the past couple of days, I think it's called Breeders Choice. Not sure if I like it, as you can't separate the wet litter from the dry and you need to replace it at least once a week so it's a bit expensive.  Although I do like the fact that there is no dust, therefore it's safe for me and the cats. Any thoughts?

lindz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Anyone have any suggestions for the best type of litter to use?

howmany

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm in Canada and use a recycled news paper pellet litter and have for many years . Yesterdays News It cost a bit more than clumping ones and you do have to dump the whole box regularly but I like that it doesn't track all overI have had poeple babiestp think abour to. The paper litter works better with one cat because it dryed again between pees.
Sweet Wheat is a wheat by product clumping litter here . Do they have pellet stoves in Australia someone just recommended the glue and filler free kind of pellets as cheap litter in another thread.

lindz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know there are wheat ones but I'm pretty sure they're much more expensive. I'll search around for pellets - from what I've read I think you need to use a litter box with a sieve?

I find the paper pellets to be messy, especially with multiple cats, and because they're so light (and my cats are diggers!) they end up everywhere! Don't think I'll be buying them ever again.