Best Kitten Food?

WalterandMatilda

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi All,

About a month ago I adopted two 2 month old kittens from the shelter. I have been feeding them a can each of blue wilderness kitten food a day, along with free feeding blue buffalo kitten dry food. Are there any brands better than blue wilderness for kittens? I found out blue buffalo has been having some issues with recalls. Thanks!

josiegirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Congratulations on your new kittens!! I am taking home two kittens, myself, next week. What to feed....What to feed...The kittens are currently being fed Fancy Feast wet kitten food (pate) and Meow Mix dry food, ugh...

I plan on transitioning them to Instinct kitten food (yes, they do make this now) and Instinct raw boost dry food. Then I slowly will get them on all wet food and a rotation of a raw diet.

As far as Blue Buffalo, I have heard complaints that it causes UTIs, although that may just be them feeding exclusively dry food. It seems to be high in fiber and that cats don't really need fiber. High animal protein, low carb is what I'm aiming for.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A lot of people feed Blue, and have no problems. Recalls happen, can happen to any food, im not sure Blue has had more than any other large brand? What ever food you feed you will hear bad things, and good things about it :rolleyes: many of us tend to get a bit opinionated about our cat food...lol :flail:

I think our cats need high protein, moderate to lower fat, and low carbs. I personally feed two wet meals per day, and some dry to fill in the rest of their daily needs. I feed a wide variety of wet foods, right now the only dry i am feeding is Dr. Elseys chicken.

I have two places i like to look up foods, and which ever brand i decide to try i go for the highest proteins and lowest carbs in that brand

https://catinfo.org/docs/CatFoodProteinFatCarbPhosphorusChart.pdf

CatFoodDB - Cat Food Reviews to help you find the best cat food for your cat