Best kibble

Justcatfood

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I dont know what to do. I can not feed canned food for a few different reasons. (Cats won't eat) which is weird because I used to feed canned food exclusively to one of them. therefore I'm looking for the best kibble I can find. Currently I feed wellness core. Is that a good formulation?

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried mixing wet with the dry? there are food toppers you can get

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Justcatfood

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No I haven't tried the toppers and they won't eat wellness core, so back to blue buffalo I guess :/

syzygycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I dont know what to do. I can not feed canned food for a few different reasons. (Cats won't eat) which is weird because I used to feed canned food exclusively to one of them. therefore I'm looking for the best kibble I can find. Currently I feed wellness core. Is that a good formulation?
Blue Buffallo is not a good quality food, even their pricey wilderness line is pretty high in carbs carbs
wellness core, except for the 'indoor' formula is decent, for me 5 out of 5 cat won't touch wellness dryfood. Dr Elsey's cleanprotein, Instinct Ultimate, Instinct Original, Epigen 90, TikiCat Borne Carnivor are all higher quality dry foods.
Ziwi Peak is pricier, its air dried catfood, slightly more moisture than regular kibble - kind of like jerky.

All my cat's like Dr Elsey's first time i had, no week long transitioning like with other foods. 3 of my cats like it so much I put it in the smaller bottle the cat treats come in, they're fooled into thinking theyre getting treats, It's a little pricey (about $25f for 6.6lbs, because there's almost no fillers it is higher calorie per cup which helps off-set the high price. igredient wise its better than most wet foods- except not enough moisture obviously.

Last edited:

sidneykitty

Foster mama
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just bought some Wellness Core for my cat and she would not touch it, either. I mixed it in with her usual kibble (which is Rx, so I'm now trying to stretch it because its sold out) to help her tummy adjust and she picked ate all the other kibble and left it. My cat normally would literally eat any kind of kibble, so I'm pretty surprised. This was my first time buying Wellness Core.

I think its always a good thing to keep some rotation in their food so they aren't always eating the same things, but I think its also important to feed what they will eat. If they won't eat the food, then its not going to do them any good. It is great if they will eat at least some wet food, but it might take time to find one your cat will eat and get them adjusted to it.

There are so many kinds of kibble out there, it can be pretty hard to pick one. Talk to the employees at your pet store. Can they give you some small sample sizes to try feeding your cat? My locally-owned pet store is GREAT about this, I am not sure about the big chain stores. That might be a good way to start so you don't have to buy big bags, find out your cat doesn't like it and then have to return them.