Best food to get from Wal Mart?

princeegrl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Maybe ask your vet what ingredients to look for and base your decision on that.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by princeegrl

Maybe ask your vet what ingredients to look for and base your decision on that.
IMHO that would be one of the last to ask... but times are changing and vets are educated themselves past the seminar given by a well known pet food company

kittycity81

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We feed our cats 'Purina Cat Chow Indoor Formula',don't know if it's really the best thing to feed them but they love it and are very healthy.When we fostered our pregnant mom cat about 4 months ago we fed her and her kittens 'Purina Kitten Chow' during and after her pregnancy and everyone was healthy and we never had a problem with any kind of illness or vomiting.Just a suggestion....

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittyCity81

We feed our cats 'Purina Cat Chow Indoor Formula',don't know if it's really the best thing to feed them but they love it and are very healthy.When we fostered our pregnant mom cat about 4 months ago we fed her and her kittens 'Purina Kitten Chow' during and after her pregnancy and everyone was healthy and we never had a problem with any kind of illness or vomiting.Just a suggestion....
My suggestion is doing a search on this site on nutrition

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed my cats Maxium Nutrition and they all really like it
They also get canned food as well though. I also have a pregnant cat and she is on the kitten food, and she seems to be just fine, and healthy!

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMHO iams or maxximum nutrition for dry are your best bet. and fancy feast for canned. although, when i worked at a shelter the kittens loved, and did great on friskies kitten canned food.

there is a new purina one that is out: purina one naturals. there's a website for it too. that looks like a really good new dry food for those who can't get to the pet stores/feed stores.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

paws2consider

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all for your insights, thoughts, suggestions and so forth! I apologize for not being back sooner. Work has kept me quite occupied. I had just needed a "quick fix" for that evening and I thank you all for answering me.