Best dry food for value?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by plainjane

I've yet to try many dry foods aside from Royal C., Wellness, and Science Diet.

Jack hated Royal C. and Wellness so I stopped mixing either with the Science Diet. He also refuses to eat kitten formulas of dry Science Diet, so I buy the Light Hairball varity. I then give him a small amount of wet food, kitten formula/Science Diet, every morning. I have to admit that I'm not sure if Science Diet is the best I could be feeding him, and I wonder about it whenever I enter the pet food isle.

I'm interested in trying the EVO and formulas similar to that, but I'm not sure how he'll take to it. I also want to do more research into which food is reviewed as the best overall...
That statement is one you have to find the answer to no one else can...

NO food works for all cats and yes some do well on by product and corn filled foods ( they are a minority of those who eat premium).. what is avail to you and many on here will guide ... SMALL pet stores often get sample s

kitten_smitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
lysine added for my herpes girl Pixel
Does this help the immune system or some thing?

Ferocious has this herpes virus according to my vet - heck I thought she was just allergic to humans. . .especially small ones.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kitten_Smitten

Does this help the immune system or some thing?

Ferocious has this herpes virus according to my vet - heck I thought she was just allergic to humans. . .especially small ones.
Yes Llysine is a common supplement used for herpes cats

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kitten_Smitten

Does it help? Honestly I am looking for the logic or reasoning behind the use.
here's some info i found at this site:
Clinical data

One report describes a relationship between lysine and herpes simplex virus (HSV). The amino acid arginine's composition is high in the HSV viral coding, thus, replication of the virus requires high consumption of arginine. Lysine appears to be an “antimetabolite,†acting as an analog of arginine, competing for absorption and entrance into tissue and cells. Lysine inhibits HSV replication by limiting arginine (by competing with it) during viral replication.