Best concert you have been too??

tigerfanfrv

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i was just wondering what the best concert you have been too is

so far for me the best was the backsteet boys concert in pittsburgh "never gone" tour (august 17) (i know i'm a geek) hehehehe the guys looked like they were having so much fun and the electricity was amazing. the show seemed to be an excuse for the group to act goofy for 2 a couple hours

anyone else?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not sure I can make it one concert in particular. I usually listen to Christian music of all different styles. So my friend and I went to Creatin Fest one year and saw tons of groups we loved. It was the best (although 2 inexperienced female campers in +90 weather wasn't the best idea...). I guess my favorite bands of that week were Third Day, Jennifer Knap, Newsboys....oh and everybody else! I love music so I enjoyed everyone! But Thrid Day had the best show.

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I saw the Scissor Sisters at the House of Blues in Cleveland last winter. It was a rather small venue, and the band definitely was feeding off the energy of the crowd. I sang/yelled myself hoarse.

The other best concert(s) I've been to have been those of Gaelic Storm. I've seen them twice, one time shortly after 9/11, but both times they managed to bring the crowd to their feet and make them dance. They also stuck around after both concerts, spending time meeting and talking to their fans. That kind of respect for the fans really stuck with me.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That took a lot of thought. I have been to many concerts in my day. DH reminded me that The Police was probably my fave. I also enjoyed INXS and The Pretenders . I'm certain I could come up with ten more if I thought about it

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ray Charles, by the bay in San Diego, outside on a warm summer night.
Oh baby...it was fine.

sooz123

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Been to very few... most of them were country stars at a fair. I'm not into country anymore, so they don't count. But if we're going for live performances in general, I'd have to say RENT (although it is a broadway show) stuck with me the most out of anything I've seen. I did see Garth Brooks in concert, but I wasn't with the most enthusiastic person so that overshadowed the smoke and mirrors that his show is.

I'd say the ones I missed were the ones I really would've LOVED. Carman (back when I was a devout Christian), and Billy Joel were both missed due to different deaths in the family.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pink Floyd at the CNE in Toronto back in 1994...the "Pulse" tour. It was amazing!

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kiss-Hot in the Shade Tour. No make up. Paul looked awesome, and was in great form, musically as well as physically.

zoe'n'misskitty

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by okeefecl

I saw the Scissor Sisters at the House of Blues in Cleveland last winter. It was a rather small venue, and the band definitely was feeding off the energy of the crowd.
Isn't that a freakin' awesome venue??

I saw Queens of the Stone Age there in April and I LOVED the place. It's got a great vibe. I have to say that was probably the best concert I've seen so far. Even the opening band (Throw Rag) was good...or at least entertaining. lol
That concert could of course get knocked out of the top spot after I see QOTSA and Nine Inch Nails together in October.

sunnicat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the one person, acoustical types. We saw John Waite in a small venue last December and he was really good. I've also seen Dan Fogelberg in much the same style, which was probably my favorite. Damien Rice was good, but he got carried away with the distortion mike to the point of distraction!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Peter Gabriel, hands down. He is an unbelievable showman.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
David Bowie hands down. That man is one HOT guy!!!!
His concert took my breath away the whole show!!!!! It was AMAZING!!!
My next favorite concert was Def Leppard. They are my favorite band! What can I say?
After that was KISS. They were great!

So top three were
1)David Bowie
2) Def Leppard
3) KISS
after that it all goes downhill, concertwise....

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! This is a tough call! I have been a live music fan my whole teen and adult life. I saw 50 shows in 2 years in KC.
Brian Setzer's Big Band in Liberty Hall, Lawrence Kansas
The Reverand Horton Heat, Deke Dickerson, and The Frantic Flattops, Columbia, SC
Souther Culture On The Skids, The Grand Emporium, Kansas CIty, MO
Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Fox Theater, Atlanta, GA
Led Zepplin and Jethro Tull, The Omni, Atlanta, GA

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooooh, that's a tough one. I've been to a lot of kicka** shows but the best concert I've ever been to is Metallica. I've seen them twice and they are unbelievable live. Their fans are so pumped and know every word to every song--it's awesome. To hear thousands of people shout "Die" over and over during Creeping Death will send chills up and down every part of your body!

It's so amazing to hear their layered, complex melodies, rockin' rifts and impossible solos live, right in front of you. Those guys are so together, and so "on", they're in a class of their own. They are rock Gods
You can not go to a Metallica concert and leave without becoming a fan.