Best coffee grinder...for coffee beans

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't want to hijack the coffee and tea thread, so am posting separately.

What is the best coffee grinder for grinding just coffee beans? I have a coffee grinder that I use for spices and herbs, but there's no way I'm using it for coffee.
I'm looking for a grinder that I can grind enough beans for about a week or so, with several grind options. I looked on Amazon, but everybody finds stuff wrong, no matter how popular a grinder may be. I read that Oxo makes a good grinder, but it's about $100, a little too pricey for me.
Do you have a favorite? Thanks much!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Ugh. I have gone through so many and don't necessarily love any I have used.

Started with this Mr Coffee one and it lasted a little less than two years -

Amazon.com

Moved on to this Melitta and it lasted five years

Amazon.com

It was discontinued and I went back to the Mr Coffee one and it lasted less than two years.

I have had this Krups one for the past two years -

Amazon.com

Burr grinders are generally regarded as better than blade grinders.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a Kitchenaide coffee grinder that I used for a few years. Worked great. Smelled great. It’s negative is something you will find with every grinder - they need to be to be cleaned really frequently so the coffee oils don’t go rancid and spoil the grounds,

I remember that being a pain, disassembling, cleaning parts with a brush, washing other parts with soap and water and reassembling.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I remember that being a pain, disassembling, cleaning parts with a brush, washing other parts with soap and water and reassembling.
That is why I quit and went back to buying pre ground coffee. I had a Cuisinart burr grinder that I used for quite a while. It allowed for setting grinds from very coarse to very fine and everything in between. I just got tired of cleaning the thing.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is why I quit and went back to buying pre ground coffee. I had a Cuisinart burr grinder that I used for quite a while. It allowed for setting grinds from very coarse to very fine and everything in between. I just got tired of cleaning the thing.
Was it this one? This is the one I have and I like it a lot. I have had a few blade grinders and IMO they don't last. I much prefer the burr grinder and I like that you can choose the texture you want.

Amazon.com

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I have a Capresso coffee grinder that I bought ages ago and really like it. I was thinking I might need a new one soon and was shocked when I saw the prices they're charging now. :eek2:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks guys!
I'm going to wait for Prime Day and then will order the Cuisinart that Kat0121 Kat0121 is talking about. It was one of the ones on my list.

We accidentally bought a bag of coffee beans, thinking it was ground coffee. And the rest, as they say, is history.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Was it this one? This is the one I have and I like it a lot. I have had a few blade grinders and IMO they don't last. I much prefer the burr grinder and I like that you can choose the texture you want.

Amazon.com
That is the one that I had.