Best Christmas Gift You Ever Got

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since there was a thread on here about your worst, I figured I'd turn it around and ask about the best!

My best Christmas gift came two days after Christmas in 2012-my divorced parents together paid for my LASIK. After twenty years of glasses and contacts, I finally had good vision-still do.

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When I was 11, I got a dog. She wasn't a traditional "Christmas puppy" because we got her a month before Christmas and she was well planned, but I considered her one as she was born September 25th, we brought her home from the shelter November 25th, etc. Named her Holly and she was absolutely amazing in every way.

For a non-pet gift, when I was younger I got this robotic baby doll, kind of like a baby alive doll. Apparently they were really poorly marketed so not very many were sold. I have the best memories of being at my grandparents' house, playing house in their basement with this awesome thing.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was my eldest coming home from his first tour of Afghanistan. He was meant to be home on the 21st which is his birthday but the army being the army, he got back on the 22nd late at night. He was meant to be at his girlfriend's parents for Xmas but they changed thier plans because I didn't get to see him on his birthday. That was the best present ever.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I thik the best Christmas present I got, is kind of sad... but with grateful memories for me..

It was my Dad last Christmas.. he was going on Hospice.

At Christmas he was still able to eat at the table.. although with help sitting and getting up from the table. My dad could not eat our traditonal Christmas Ham, was sick of chicken, pork... Beef was so-so with him. He was losing his appetite.

I decided to make it a good Christmas meal for us... I ordered a small Beef Tenderloin roast from the butcher.. Searched recipes to find the 'right one'
I took my time, made all the fixings, set the table...

The Roast came out perfect... medium rare throughout!! with a bit of a crust! I do not know how I managed it, but I did... and it sliced perfectly... nice and thin.... with homemade gravy..
Everything came out perfect... no issues, and just came together...

My Dad really enjoyed that meal.. he could not get over how good it was...
It really brings a smile to my face, when I think about it... It was the last holiday that we enjoyed...
So, I am so glad that I was able to make him happy....

It made my heart feel good...and still does.. That was 10 years ago.. My dad passed on 1/3/2012

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was five or six my sister and I got a beautiful pair of girl dolls for Christmas, with very fancy dresses and long hair. The hair color was different on each doll as was the dress and my sister, two years older, just couldn’t decide which was the “better” doll. So that day and probably every day for the next few months until their novelty wore off she convinced me to switch dolls with her. But I didn’t really care because I thought they were both so beautiful

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One year Santa forgot one of my gifts! He brought it later when I was at my dads for the weekend. I came home and there was a present on the coffee table. (Mom spoke to him apparently.) It was a washer and dryer set for my Barbies! The dryer opened and had a button on the side that you’d press a few times and made it really spin!

It was SO cool! I’d actually played with it at some friend of my mother’s house. Her girls had the same one. I couldn’t believe Santa had meant to bring me one too!

:flail:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Fynn, in my avatar. I found him a week before Christmas when I went to feed the feral colony I care for. He'd obviously been dumped. I went back to the car where Mr Husband was waiting and said,

"There's a new kitten over there eating with the others........"
and he said.
"Why don't you pick him up then."
so I did.
:biggrin:

Here's a picture of him on his first night home, December 2015.

Fynn1.jpg

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thik the best Christmas present I got, is kind of sad... but with grateful memories for me..

It was my Dad last Christmas.. he was going on Hospice.

At Christmas he was still able to eat at the table.. although with help sitting and getting up from the table. My dad could not eat our traditonal Christmas Ham, was sick of chicken, pork... Beef was so-so with him. He was losing his appetite.

I decided to make it a good Christmas meal for us... I ordered a small Beef Tenderloin roast from the butcher.. Searched recipes to find the 'right one'
I took my time, made all the fixings, set the table...

The Roast came out perfect... medium rare throughout!! with a bit of a crust! I do not know how I managed it, but I did... and it sliced perfectly... nice and thin.... with homemade gravy..
Everything came out perfect... no issues, and just came together...

My Dad really enjoyed that meal.. he could not get over how good it was...
It really brings a smile to my face, when I think about it... It was the last holiday that we enjoyed...
So, I am so glad that I was able to make him happy....

It made my heart feel good...and still does.. That was 10 years ago.. My dad passed on 1/3/2012
That really is sad because your memories are of something that can never happen again. I have the same type of memories of my late son.
I got married on December 21st one year a long long time ago, so my best Christmas gift was a husband.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
That really is sad because your memories are of something that can never happen again. I have the same type of memories of my late son.
I got married on December 21st one year a long long time ago, so my best Christmas gift was a husband.
No, I am not sad... It is bittersweet.. My dad had a decreased appetite for a few weeks before this.. It was almost impossible to find something that he would enjoy... especially for Sunday Supper..
I cooked on Weekends..

My dad was a trained cook in the Army, during WWII, in a MASH-type unit.. They loved his food. He taught me a ton about cooking.. I always asked his opinions on meals.. and taste testing..

This may sound sad, but it made my heart happy--so hard to describe.. It made me feel so good to see him FINALLY enjoy a meal... He also enjoyed a bit of it the next day.. It made my soul feel good that I could give him 'something' to enjoy, as he was in the last days of his life..

It is a good memory... I hope you understand...
It is not sad.. it is bittersweet; the only word I can use to describe it....

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Don’t know if this was the best Xmas gift ever, but I loved getting the collected works of Krazy Kat by George Herriman!