Best Cat Litter For Formally Stray Cat? Canada!

IndieJax

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!
We recently adopted our second cat from the humane society and prior to being brought there he was a very friendly stray. He has integrated wonderfully to our home but definitely has the "you can take the cat out of the street, but can't take the street out of the cat" syndrome Lol!! We are having litter box issues - whereas he mostly uses one (we have 4 boxes for two cats) but will also use our bath tub and as of this morning, a bag on the floor. He will also eat food out of the sink, yowl all day and night, and try and pee in other strange spots. He was neutered about a month ago and is 2.5 years old. I posted about the tub use in another thread, but I'm wondering if you could share your opinions of best cat litter for former strays? Also anything else we can do to tame him down a bit and get him accustomed to living in a house? Thanks!

Lalexa67

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My experience with a former feral cat was that she did best in the bathroom. I set her up with a carrier (door open) and put a blanket inside sprayed with feliway. Bought a very large litter box and filled it with nature’s best litter. She did well with the small space as an introduction. I didn’t force her to be social but she came around after two weeks and started exploring the next room. She knew me as her source of food and water so she was good with gentle stroking and allowed me to pick her up. She eventually went back to her colony because she really was not happy being an indoor kitty. It was a happy ending because I see her now and she truly home. Good luck!