Best cat if i have allergies ? Hypoallergenic

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

elmonster

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Great conversations going on nice to read up on the info ! I'm really really interested to see what happens when i finally meet the cats ! And the link was good! It puts it quite clearly . Thanks guys for all the replies

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by elmonster

Great conversations going on nice to read up on the info ! I'm really really interested to see what happens when i finally meet the cats ! And the link was good! It puts it quite clearly . Thanks guys for all the replies
Glad you liked the link
. Please let me know what happens when you actually interact with the cat you intend to purchase.

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by aprilyim

I love how you say you don't know much about the breed but you are probably one of the the best informed on the forums on the matter.

I love your posts around the forums. Please post pictures of your cats soon! (Especially Kuura, I love Kuura!!!
)
Originally Posted by Cat Person

I agree with you about Northern Glow knowing a lot about this breed of cat
. If you ask me they need to give themselves more credit
Thanks. But I really only know the basics about the breed which probably any other person who interacts in the purebred 'world' would have picked up.

This is the only thing I can find that does not seem like complete _ _ _ _ (fill in the blank
): http://www.siberian-cat-breeder.com/...genic_cat.html . Let me know what you think.
Well, to me this would be one of those catteries I'd stay away from. They are advertising their cats as hypoallergenic, but there really isn't any actual scientific proof about it (no link to a study in there either). Their prices seem quite high too, very high if they are in US, and they are explaining their prices by badmouthing other breeders.. Also the hair sample thing is a bit odd, because it's not the hair which makes allergics to react, specially not to the dead hair. They are also claiming that all of their kittens are potential show winners, which you just can't say. This really looks like they're after some $$$$. But this is just my honest opinion and I'm used to small home catteries where the cats are not seen as stock, but as family members instead..

And I'm very bothered by them saying that Maine Coons have triangular shaped head!! That would be a major fault, they have 'square' shaped head, Norwegian Forestcats are the ones with triangular heads.

My ex- boyfriend's ex-girlfiriend's parents (lol, I know) had a brown mackerel tabby Siberian. My ex is very allergic to cats and couldn't visit them because he would get flu like symptoms, eye and skin irritation.
We were a bit worried when we met each other again after being 6 years apart (we used to date before that) and decided to try again, because I had gotten 2 cats. When he first came to visit me, surprisingly he didn't have any issues with the cats. He moved in with me and I got a third cat (now deceased), then a fourth, and fifth...
The only cat in my house he has any reactions to is Kuura, and only from Kuura's paw pads against his chest. That leaves a slight reddish area, but other than that he has no problems. The cats can lick him, sleep next to him and stuff like that.
He still gets allergic reactions from his friends cats, but not as bad as before. He can even visit cat shows with me. Brits definitely aren't hypoallergenic, so I have no ideas how this happened.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

elmonster

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Bringing this thread back to life !!! Going to see some siberians this weekend at a breeders home ! so i will post how it went on saturday or sunday !!!!

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by NorthernGlow

Well, to me this would be one of those catteries I'd stay away from. They are advertising their cats as hypoallergenic, but there really isn't any actual scientific proof about it (no link to a study in there either). Their prices seem quite high too, very high if they are in US, and they are explaining their prices by badmouthing other breeders.
I loved how they bragged about spending $35 per bag (oops, sorry, "per BAG!") on "quality" Royal Canin dry kitten chow which is full of corn, soy, and wheat gluten.