Best Cat Food

emro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello all I was just wondering what brand of cat food would be the best for the Egyptian Mau that I took home from my shelter to be my own cat? I know Whiskas is not because of the suger. Well pretty much all of the food that has suger is bad. Could you help me out. Maybe I could start to feed the cats at the shelter the good kind of food if I find out what it is LOL.

William and EMRO

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Can you give us what country u are in/.???

also look up food in the search part of this site loads of info

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I beleive these are good brans you can get

Nutro
Serengetti
Royal canin
Hi life
James beloved

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My wife said that these cat foods are in the middle class of cat foods. They are much better then Whiskas but still have alot of artafichel things in it. Are there any foods that are non artifichel?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
On that list are solid foods... if you want nothing ( like synthetic viatmains ) you need to look at raw or homemade...

The ones listed are free of chemical preservatives, ground corn( cept for RC) , soy and animal by products .. The EU makes it hard for some of the HOLISTIC foods to be imported ... JCAT come help

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by EMRO

My wife said that these cat foods are in the middle class of cat foods. They are much better then Whiskas but still have alot of artafichel things in it. Are there any foods that are non artifichel?
Short answer is NO because if they didnt replace vatamins and minerals the cat couldnt survive...

moggiegirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nutro is guaranteed to improve skin and coat and I heard it just came to Germany.

When I first got Spotty from the shelter he had a coarse fur coat and after about a month on Nutro Max Cat which is not as high quality as Nutro Natural Choice, his fur was soft and shiny. Now I feed a different brand but Max Cat was what I started him on so I can reccomened this brand for it's beautifying effects.

emro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I looked up on the internet a little bit more with my wife and we see that Petnature is a VERY good cat food for over here in Germany. Have any of you herd about it?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
no but if you link it I will look at it .. see most of us are in the US

moggiegirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It looks like you have some products in Germany that we don't have over here and vice versa. I looked at the website and I couldn't find the specific canned product you were refering to but if you want you can post the ingredients in German. I know the others here won't understand but I know some basic German because many of my family members speak German and although I'm not fluent in the language I'll bet I can figure out the ingredients on a can of cat food and then I'll write the english words for it. It would be a challenge for me to brush up on my German since I haven't practiced in so long.

Or just find it on the website and copy and paste it here in English and Sharky the expert will tell you what she thinks.

emro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The food you saw was the food we feed Zuzu now. It is the next best food my wife says. I will see if there is a part of the site that says the ingreadents for you guys k

emro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok guys here is the link to the cat food the I was talking about. It is the first 3 cans on this page. Let me know what you think. Cat food

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Looks solid ... not sure I like all the organ meats in one can ,...

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If I may suggest ..alternateing that one with something like the ALmo nature that has a small amount or grain and organs?/

emro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It is good. My Egyptian Mau just eats it like its air and afterwords she is content and VERY happy. Other foods we have tried did not have this affect on her. I guess it is the fact that it is one of the purest foods out on the German market.