Best Cat Food? When criteria get too strict...

ruthm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Yeah I agree. Excluding Tiki Cat, Weruva (and Soulistic) because they are manufactured in Thailand? Really?Nature's Variety, Merrick (and Whole Earth Farms) because of a history of recall? So they should be punished forever? They really give you a very small list of brands to choose from. What is someone who doesn't have access to these brands supposed to do? Do they expect anyone who cannot afford these brands to not have a cat? I'm going to continue to do the same thing I've been doing all along. We have a good rotation of foods in place. I keep a balance of higher quality brands in with the Friskies pates and such and it works for us. The kids like them and they are all healthy.  
I read from another source recently regarding Weruva and the reason this store chooses to sell it: "Weruva classic – human grade, nice amount of liquid content (especially for cats in renal failure or animals with urinary tract problems).  Company does a lot of rescue work as well!  No more mystery mush, what you see is what you get.  Food you can recognize, for humans who share the furperson as family member mindset.  Factory is in Thailand, but is USDA inspected, Kosher certified, and also inspected by several European organizations.  Dedicated, single use factory for Weruva only. (note: we do not carry the b.f.f. line)."

This same store does not sellTiki: Tiki-Pet - menadione (listed as vitamin k3, sneaky).  Unresponsive to questions, shady supply sources.  Menadione then replaced with kale, then both removed and formula declared complete without any vitamin K additive.

I agree with you though, both my kittens love Weruva and Tiki and I intend to keep both  in our rotation;I think variety is the key.

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats have SPOKEN, so I feed them what I perceive as the healthiest of what they enjoy and I can afford, as cat guardians that's all we can do, the cats ultimately have the final say on what they enjoy. Of course this applies to canned food, I feed good quality dry as treats only.

Last edited: