Best care for cat after neutering.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

spookysmom234

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They mixed up my appointment for the follow up so I have to wait another week for a follow up
I took the e collar off, will he be okay? It's been about 10 days since his neuter

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He should be healed enough at this point that he will be fine.

Just check for any redness or swelling. If there is none, you are good to go.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is interesting.
None of my boys needed more than a day or two and we never had a followup. I checked the sutures and eventually they come out on their own.
Ashley was around 3 months.
Tommy was 2-3 months when we met and he'd already had it 2 days before
Stewart was almost 11 months and we put him in the crate because he's crazy and we only just met like 2 weeks before. He was a stray.
No one wore a cone. No one seems to be bothered. Ashley was sulking. It changed his personality a little.
No one told us to use different litter.
Completely different experience.

Oh and Stewart still had erections for at least the next year. He's crazy. I was just petting his belly one time. Then he developed a masturbating habit. Straddled your blanket or leg and went to town. Weirdo. I've never seen that on my littler guys.

catmom marcia

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We don't do anything special for males at our shelter after neutering.  Relax, momma, he will be just fine.  Let him run, jump and play.  He'll be fine.  Licking is the only worry.  Don't want to open those stitches!