Best Breeds for children

rock&fluff'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It all depends on the cat and the child I do believe...with my own experience, I believe any type of tabbie DSH are the most sweetest natured cats and are good with kids...I have never seen any cat as tolerant as Rocky is with my kids, and he puts up with alot.....he would never bite them I don't think..you can tell how much he loves the kids..he sleeps in their beds at night..he takes turns sleeping in each of their beds because I guess it is hard to chose just one since they all love him so much!..Fluffy on the other hand....she not as gentle natured, but she has come a long way since we got her, and she is alot tolerant than in the beginning...she just doesn't put up with as much as Rocky does....of course she is a female so that may tell ya alot wink

tamme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by kimward34
ROTFL!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! Tamme - I love the Belly Pics - I could just HUG your big orange Roo boy!!

Out of curiosity....

Tamme how much does Roo weigh?
Ha Ha Kim, I love your kitty too! They look so much alike! Roo weighs 19 pounds.

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say it depends upon the temperament of the individual cat, but from experience, Manx cats are not always good cats to have around kids. Every single one my family has owned (that makes about 6) has hated kids. Mutts make good family cats (all but one of our orange babies has been great with kids). And my part Maine Coon just adores kids even though he's never really been around them much (Halloween scares him though because he thinks he can hear and smell kids but they don't look like kids!).