Best Brand of Kitten Food?

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitten food is recommended for the first year for a kitten. Maxximum isn't the best out there, but it's IMO, the best you can get from a grocery store. The pet stores have much better foods. I have heard that Maxximums kitten food is pretty good though...

sevenwonders

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Iams is the best cat and kitten food and blue is the best dog food

OK, this thread is only 6 years old, but since it is now at the top of the list, I have to comment...

About the IAMS, I'm sure she meant well, but Cat Girl obviously does not know how BAD corn really is for cats,

and sadly, for us as well these days.

The second ingredient is CORN meal, which has no nutritional value for a cat and even worse,

is made with Genetically Modified Corn which likely has cancer causing Pesticides in each and every kernel.

Do you want to feed pesticides to your Kitty? I certainly do NOT.  

Iams ProActive Health

Chicken, Corn Meal, Chicken By-Product Meal, Animal Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Dried Beet Pulp, Ground Whole Grain Sorghum, Dried Egg Product, Natural Flavor, Fish Oil (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Potassium Chloride, Fructooligosaccharides, Brewers Dried Yeast, DL-Methionine, Calcium Carbonate, Choline Chloride, Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin A Acetate, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate (source of vitamin B1), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (source of vitamin B6), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement (source of vitamin B2), Inositol, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid), Taurine, Minerals (Zinc Oxide, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Potassium Iodide, Cobalt Carbonate), Rosemary Extract.

Blue Buffalo Spa Select or Wilderness Kitten or Innova Cat & Kitten are much better choices.

If you need something a little less expensive, consider Evolve which is about $16. for 15 pounds at WalMart,

or even less on PetFoodDirect.com, or else read the ingredients on the bags at your store and

choose something without any type of corn.

If you need inexpensive cans as well, consider Friskies Poultry Platter.

Please feed at least one wet meal per day if at all possible - much better for the Kitties. 

Last edited: