Best Air Freshener?

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use soy tarts mostly
love the little boogers so much better than parafin.
occasionaly i use a soy candle too but i have some very curious whisker singers lol

I also like to use. Handmade Satchets in a variety of smells.

Smelly Jellies are great too

And linen spray

shengmei

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I brought some expensive soy candles 75% off. For me, candles always work better than sprays for some reason.

As far as commercial air freshners go.....I was really pleased with Febreze Scentplayer. They are the only ones that don't give me a headache.

I brought all of their disks from my local grocery store when they were discontinued.

yarra

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I use fabreeze allergen reducer. Arm and Hammer allergen reducer carpet powder before vaccuming.

Umm... I also use candles. Lots of different ones depending on my mood. MOSTLY I use these candles called Maggie's Blend, from a store in Old Town Spring, Texas. The store is called Maggie's and they make their own candles. It smells so warm and yummy.

The other candles I will use are candles that smell like deserts! Mmm. I also have two hand made sprays I got in Lancaster PA. They smell like Christmas. Warm and spicy.

I try to always have one double decker glade plug-in going though. The double one, where you can put two scent cartriges in? I mix the vanilla and the apple. Mmmmmm SO GOOD!!

Today I have the candles burning AND just opend up two new plug-in cartridges. We had onions last night and the smell is still lingering. Bleh!

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by shengmei

I brought some expensive soy candles 75% off. For me, candles always work better than sprays for some reason.

As far as commercial air freshners go.....I was really pleased with Febreze Scentplayer. They are the only ones that don't give me a headache.

I brought all of their disks from my local grocery store when they were discontinued.
Yay another soy girl
i just love soy candles, and tarts..and lotion bars LOL great stuff
i have 50lbs of wax coming soon lol..thats how much i love it *giggles*

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

And they make these sacks of volcanic rock that absorb odors that last your whole life, you just have to put them in the sunlight every few months to recharge them. I can't find any online...
I got mine from wal-mart. They dont work at all.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms

Yay another soy girl
i just love soy candles, and tarts..and lotion bars LOL great stuff
i have 50lbs of wax coming soon lol..thats how much i love it *giggles*
Where do I even get these soy things?

AND

Is it safe to burn candles with very curious kitties around?

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Well, you do have to be careful - one of mine singed her whiskers, so we knew to place them out of harms way then. In fairness, you're supposed to keep a close eye on the things for a reason! [She was fine - I don't think she even noticed - we only knew because her whiskers we a little shorter for a while.]

Burning a candle - I like scented ones best, but even plain ones will do - speeds up the air turn over in the room. Air fresheners mostly just cover the smell, after all. So candles are a good option if you're not just looking for a pretty scent.

Other suggestions like trying to elimate damp especially in carpets etc will also really help, but that will be an ongoing project if it's a problem.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

You have to be very careful if you do. A certain gentleman in my life tries to eat the flames. Ouch!