Berach has suddenly fallen ill

lilyluvscats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry this happened to you. We had to put one of our cats to sleep on Nov. 4th and I know how hard it is. I can't imagine losing 2 in a week.

animalkisses

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Did you call
and tell them about your cats.
if so what did they say?

Im here.

IJMZcats

animalkisses

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
they don't have alot of healthy cats/kittens in late 2006 they had kittens with eye herpes, upper respority issues and much more. They lost many foster parents due to the fact that they gave the fosters sick cats and when they died they blamed the foster parents for killing them. They can't be trusted.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by animalkisses

they don't have alot of healthy cats/kittens in late 2006 they had kittens with eye herpes, upper respority issues and much more. They lost many foster parents due to the fact that they gave the fosters sick cats and when they died they blamed the foster parents for killing them. They can't be trusted.
who? Whiskers, Tails and Ferals?

hm.

She just called me back today (she has called before we just keep missing each other). she offered her condolences and explained that the other lady's kitty and my babies were from the same litter. She also explained that they had never gotten cats from this colony before and that they wouldn't be again.
She invited me to adopt from them again... but I'm just not sure I feel comfortable doing that.
She was very sympathetic, I don't blame her, no one knew... how could they?

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Taking in sickly kittens/cats is part of rescue work unfortunatley, we can't only take in healthy ones and ignore the sickly ones. Also, not all cats in a litter will develop FIP, it is more of a lottery, dependent on teh cats reaction to the coronavirus, so no one could have known that taking in cats from this colony would result in cats developing FIP - my neighbours had a pedigree Bengal who was indoors only and developed it, yet his other indoor only Bengal is fine, so it doesn't just affect cats who have had a poor start to life. Whether you adopt from them in the future is a decision only you can make.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I agree.

I don't blame the rescue, I only meant that adopting from them, after having that experience... well I just think that would always be in the back of my mind.
I believe in manifestation so...

you get my drift.

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i lost my beautiful ginger man on the 6th october last year. he had a lost a little weight and although i couldn't put my finger on it, something wasn't right about him.

basically the vet ran loads of tests with nothing conclusive showing up.

but in just over 2 weeks my cuddly, happy, hugely eccentric boy went blind, lost so much weight, had little or no appetite and spent all his time on his chair, only coming down to wander aimlessly around failing to find his tray.

the conclusion the vet did reach was that it could be FIP, but as we all know nothing could be done.

2 weeks and 5 days after that first visit i held him as the vet put him to sleep.

i had adopted janet (yes he was a boy, think a feline dame edna everage) 5 years ago from a rescue centre where he had been placed after living in a 40 cat household. he had numerous 'problems', polyps in his ears, terrible teeth, bad eyesight, but i fell in love with him at first sight. he was a menace to live with and my other 3 cats hated him but they kinda rubbed along ok.

he truly was my baby, and we didn't like to spend too much time apart. i miss him more than i thought possible.

i'm so very sorry for your loss saya, but so happy to know that your babies found you when they needed you most.

i believe cats come to us for a reason, however short and sometimes painful it is.

you loved them and they knew that.