Bent over ear

crys

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I brought a new cat home from the shelter yesterday He is a 20 lb orange and white fixed Tom. He is a cat that was left behind outside his house to provide for himself when his owner died. No one seems to know what his name was so we call him Rusty. He is one of the most lovable cats I have ever been around. My question is that he has an ear that is bent over. I was told it must of been injured at some point and that is the way that it has heeled. It looks somewhat swollen inside, but not red. I was told that this is also just the way it heeled. The ear does not seem to bother him at all. I was just woundering if he could have any long turm problems with it. I do wipe it out daily with a warm cloth because he cannot clean the inside of it himself because of the way it is folded down.

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for rescuing this wonderful boy. It sounds he is finally getting the love he deserves in your care. I don't really know what to say about the ear...there are some very knowledgable people on here who should be along to help you. Have you talked to the vet about it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crys

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The vets I have talked to so far (i've only had him for 2 days) seem to think that it is healed and not causing him any pain. They said to keep it washed out for him daily so nothing gets traped inside it. One told me he could do surgurey on it, but it would only be cosmetic. This would cost plenty. I am not a cheep person when it comes to my cats. I have lots of love, but money, well thats another story. This surgurey would not help any damage that has been done to the inside of the ear. It is to late for that. It would just help to stand the ear back up. He would Splice it, take a small peice out of the ear and sow it back up. This has nothing to do with his hearing, and would make no difference either way.