Bengals

artistry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, I'm new here in this forum and I am also a bengal breeder and we have 2 beautiful Seal Lynx point males...this cat is a bengal, our one male started turning at a year old (his spots finally came in) Our newest male is a year old now and he still isn't changed although his spots are becoming darker finally, before that he was snow white, faint faint spots could be seen in the right lighting. He was so white and full of glitter it was like looking outside after a snowfall with the sun shining on the snow! But now he is starting to turn cream and his spots are getting darker. As far as the feel of his coat, there are Seal Lynx, Seal Mink and Seal Sepias. The Seal Lynx are born white and keep their blue eyes - does your boy have the blue eyes?? They have the Siamese gene in their ancestry. The other 2 are from Burmese and do not keep the blue eyes but the Seal Mink is known for his silky mink feel of the coat. It is possible that although your kitty is a Seal Lynx, he may have some Seal Mink in his ancestry. Hope this helps you!!

Kaylene

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by artistry

Hi, I'm new here in this forum and I am also a bengal breeder and we have 2 beautiful Seal Lynx point males...this cat is a bengal, our one male started turning at a year old (his spots finally came in) Our newest male is a year old now and he still isn't changed although his spots are becoming darker finally, before that he was snow white, faint faint spots could be seen in the right lighting. He was so white and full of glitter it was like looking outside after a snowfall with the sun shining on the snow! But now he is starting to turn cream and his spots are getting darker. As far as the feel of his coat, there are Seal Lynx, Seal Mink and Seal Sepias. The Seal Lynx are born white and keep their blue eyes - does your boy have the blue eyes?? They have the Siamese gene in their ancestry. The other 2 are from Burmese and do not keep the blue eyes but the Seal Mink is known for his silky mink feel of the coat. It is possible that although your kitty is a Seal Lynx, he may have some Seal Mink in his ancestry. Hope this helps you!!

Kaylene
Actually the seal minks have blue eyes as well although they are much lighter them the lynx. My mink has aqua blue eyes.
my seal mink (snow bengal) below

you can see his eyes in this pic below