Bengal or tabby?

our3girls

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I believe from all the tabbys Ive had its a mixed,the white legs give that away.Tabby cats can be marked in so many different ways though.When your feline friend gets older if it is realy vocal you know forsure.Begals are one of the most active and vocal breeds of cats around

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrshennesy09

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah he's still a baby. But he is already very active and very vocal! He's so affectionate and playful!!!

our3girls

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
WEll get ready for building your cat maybe a cat walk,Dont know the sizing of your living space but bengals because of the high strung energy levels need a lot of room.Develope a lot of patience and understanding for you cat.Bengals have been known to drive their owners crazy because of how much vocalization.Even if I could get one I would think long and hard before I did.Read up and study on Bengal cat behavior.The cat on my profile pic is very very vocal,she kind drives us crazy at times,if only somebody would make a make cat language to English translator device we could understand our cats better.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrshennesy09

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay so I posted earlier but after researching I learned that tabby isn't a breed it's the pattern. Which I did not know before. So I'm going to post a few pics of my boy again and maybe someone can tell me what breed he is?!?! He's very fast, playful, hyper and affectionate!!!!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, what a cutie!

Unless you bought him from a breeder, he probably doesn't have any purebreed in him. Unlike dogs, very very few cats have any breed background. They're just cats :D. We call them domestic shorthairs (or longhairs).

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Oh I agree, he's one beautiful boy :rbheart:

His tabby pattern is very clearly defined - just stunning :D

He would be classed as a brown broken mackerel tabby and white domestic shorthair ;)

The vast majority of cats are domestic's and very few of them are mixes of pedigrees. Most of them don't have any pedigree ancestors at all, in fact very, very few have any pedigree breeds anywhere behind them.

You see the domestic (non pedigree ) cat population did not result from pedigree breeds being mixed together, like in the dog world. Actually it is quite the opposite. Domestic cats were here long before pedigree cat breeds existed - pedigree breeds of cat were created from the domestic cat population for a certain look or trait, not the other way around ;)

nora1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What a cute kitty! Congrats!

He looks like a spotted Tabby, with white. However I guess you never know what mom and dad were.

I have a Tabby as well, and she is very, very vocal! I swear we have complete conversations as she's only quiet when she's sleeping haha! Love her to bits!

Your little guy might just be a very vocal beautiful tabby :) Enjoy the little guy, and welcome to the site!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Aw, what a cutie!

Unless you bought him from a breeder, he probably doesn't have any purebreed in him. Unlike dogs, very very few cats have any breed background. They're just cats
. We call them domestic shorthairs (or longhairs).
Commenting on the kitty I presume. 
  (Human might be a semi-long hair with a bit of  La Perma in there for extra cuteness).

Kittie is seriously cute, and I suspect going to be a fairly large boy going by his build and size of paws.  I adore his clear spotted coat and think it will stay well defined as he grows.   He looks like he's great fun to play with and has an extra special bond with his favourite human.

felinegirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Im not a exspert but one things for sure ,people forget that they originally mixed a house tabby with the asian lepord to get the bengal,Realy somewhere in the genes obviously there begals,everyone has a begal persay when it comes to tabby lol.anyway true bengal dont have same patterens on the body one side has somthing a bit differnt even though it aperas the same the pattern will be a very small amount differnt..........,if you love your kitty as it seem just know the begal traits,they are more like a dog,very territorial,love water,very very athletic,loves to tell you what and when the want something.Bengals request attention and alot of it,they also learn super quick and love to be taught however once you teach it somthing just remember they never forget so make it always a good lesson.good luck your kitten is a beautiful cat!