Bengal mix?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrs gonzalez

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can someone tell me what my cat is mixed with i know his mom is bengal but not sure what the dad is?

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know much about cat breeds.  They're all just fuzzy little love bugs as far as I'm concerned. 

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Can someone tell me what my cat is mixed with i know his mom is bengal but not sure what the dad is?
Are you sure the momma is a full blood, pedigree bengal?  Or perhaps a natural dau to a bengal?  Is she spotted or is she marbled-type?   A good pic of her side would help.

Because, I can see this kitten has probably some bengal Ancestry, but my spontane guess before I saw this your second post, was the Ancestry was further away, perhaps a granddad.

As now, my guess is the dad was a mackerel tabby (striped / tigrered).  Because mackerel tabby dominates over marbled...  So a guess would be, a marbled become striped, but rests of the marbles still visible...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrs gonzalez

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Are you sure the momma is a full blood, pedigree bengal?  Or perhaps a natural dau to a bengal?  Is she spotted or is she marbled-type?   A good pic of her side would help.

Because, I can see this kitten has probably some bengal Ancestry, but my spontane guess before I saw this your second post, was the Ancestry was further away, perhaps a granddad.

As now, my guess is the dad was a mackerel tabby (striped / tigrered).  Because mackerel tabby dominates over marbled...  So a guess would be, a marbled become striped, but rests of the marbles still visible...

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This is obviously a bengal.  But the markings are a little peculiar. Not really rosettes, nor really marbles.

So unless you DO have a legitime pedigree, I would guess either on a sloppy breeding,  or a first generation outmix.  Ie a natural dau.

My guess is still, father to your kitten, the husband of this here cat lady, is a striped tabby.