Bengal, Maine Coon, moggy?!

moggers

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have just been lucky enough to welcome this gorgeous boy into our house. We were told bengal, now while he obviously isn't a pure bred, I'm a bit stumped as to what he could be.

He's very active, will climb anything and very vocal - so far so bengal. But he has some seriously long fur, ears like satellite dishes and the beginnings of a mighty fine beard.
The vets were a bit puzzled but thought a bit of maine coon.

We really don't care what breed he is, it's pure curiosity and will be interesting to know what further character traits he may develop.

Thank you so much in advance cat experts!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He is a Domestic Shorthair, a brown mackeral tabby and white. Very cute!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

moggers

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Obviously as new kitten owners we are enamoured!
Is he likely to turn brown as he gets older? He's a real grey blue at the mo.

Also, if you don't mind my picking your brains, is he likely to be medium/long haired with that chest fuzz and long strands of fur?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Obviously as new kitten owners we are enamoured!
Is he likely to turn brown as he gets older? He's a real grey blue at the mo.

Also, if you don't mind my picking your brains, is he likely to be medium/long haired with that chest fuzz and long strands of fur?
The coloration looks as blue tabby on some pics, and Brown tabby in others...  In both cases the main color is bluish (or grey).   In the first case, the stripes are darker blue/grey - and the cat is called for blue tabby, in the other case the stripes are black, and the cat will be called for Brown tabby.

Yours very sweet boy carries also White, you may call him for tabby tuxedo.

Re the hair lengh -  I Think he is a shorthair, but wilh lotsa of kittens fuzziness.  and I expect the fuzziness wil disappear with time.  But its not sure, he may turn into a medium haired cat as adult.  Impossible to know at this moment.

As said, verry sweet!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

moggers

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you Stefanz for the explanation of his colouring, I didn't realise tabbys had so many variations.

I can't wait to see how he turns out!