Bengal escaped outside for 4 days now he growls a lot.

ogkitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There is a problem here that I'm not sure is related to the growly behavior, but I'll put it all on the table in case its related. The basics are: 

He escaped outside on Saturday, we found him sleeping on a neighbor's patio on Tuesday evening (such a relief! our hill is covered in bobcats and coyotes!), since he's been home he has been very 'growly'. He sleeps a lot, but when he's not sleeping he'll just trot around the room making this rumbling growl sometimes with a bit of a whine.

THe possibly unrelated facts are that before he escaped I was getting worried that he wasn't pooping. It seemed like he had gone a couple days without even though in the past he has been like clockwork, every night at around 7 he would go. Now that he's back from is outdoor adventure he has still not pooped, its really only been one full day since he's been back home so I could be overreacting, but it still seems strange for him. 

Another note; he'll do the growly thing when I pick him up (never really did that in the past) he won't do anything agressive but the growling will start.

Any thoughts?

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Since he was outdoors for 4 days, you need to take him to the vet to be checked for fleas and ticks and be wormed. The growly behavior may come from someone trying to pick him up and take him. It could also be from the anxiety and stress of being out in unfamiliar surroundings.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ogkitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I made a vet appointment right away! He gets very stressed by the vet so we scheduled it for early next week to give him some time to acclimate. He growls more when he's just walking around than when I pick him. Most of the time I've picked him up and he's just fine, but a few times he'll get into growly mode.