Bengal Cat - Driving Me Crazy Help!!!

sprinkle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I saw Jackson Galaxy clicker training a Savannah Cat on an agility course. I don't remember if it was specifically for the hybrid breeds.

1. catnip or Valerian
2. Feliway
3. musicforcats.com
4. Thunder Shirt
5. calming treats

LizGurL

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The original post for help may be almost 7 years old, but it still helped me today. My ex fiance' gave me a kitten 2 1/2 years ago that turned out to be part bengal. The guy didn't last, but the kitty has.

I love my crazy bengal, but he can be quite destructive. If I can't be home for more than 8 hours or do not give him enough attention, he knocks things over like drinks, vases, etc. I would never consider putting him down or getting rid of him, but I wondered if he will grow out of this phase, or if he needs a playmate. My concern with a playmate has been that they may terrorize my apartment together!

This forum has definitely helped me get more ideas about what to do and to know my bengal and my decor may be able to live together after all, as long as he has enough attention.

LizGurL

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Bengals..... where do I begin... lol they are absolutely beautiful, smart and intuitive animals but it's not just their looks that resemble a wild cat I have 2 and their personalities are just like having 2 leopard Cubs in the house at all times! I agree AND disagree with a lot of posts and opinions on here. My Bengals are always crazy! They are spoiled rotten with toys love and attention and it doesn't matter. I also have a 6 month old mini aussie which is extreme high energy and hes constantly playing with them and the puppy loses energy way faster then my spotted fur babies! Having 2 is good and bad my 2 are very close although from different litters they are just like brother and sister they are inseparable which has pros and cons. Yes it can keep them entertained far after me and the dog are wore out but on the other hand if one is finally calm and sleeping the other one usually decides to rile the other up. So having a peaceful atmosphere is pretty much impossible. No plants are safe, no beautiful glass centerpieces are safe, cords, wires, curtains.... not much stands a chance. You pretty much just have to take the good with the bad. I was actually hoping as they got older they would settle down especially since they are both fixed but they're 2 and so far no go. Water bottle doesn't work at least not with mine because they LOVE water! Cat tower is a MUST mine spend half of their lives on that thing! Also recommend a laser pointer! It's an easy way to distract them when theyre getting into mischief however be careful if they are Einstein's like my 2 are they will soon realize all they have to do to get that laser pointer going is to do something theyre not supposed to do. Mine hear the laser pointer from the other room as soon as I pick it up no matter how quietly I try to do it. These cats are too smart for their own good! Anyways good luck and if anyone has a Bengal and cant handle the stress please please take the time to find them the RIGHT owners when rehoming so they don't end up being put down they might be a pain in the ass but they still deserve love and respect as part of our family reguardless for how long!