Belly Piercing Question? *Graphic*

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Im not sure if im Allergic to Nickel though.

What about Alcohol? im not sure if you guys already mentioned it but what if I rubbed it down with Alcohol everyday.. would it maybe help?
If so.. I dont have any Liquid Alcohol but I do have Alcohol Wipes ((first AID Kit)):

Alcohol Prep
Isopropyl Alcohol, 70% v/v
Sterile
NOVAPLUS Brand

^^Could I use those?

Also im thinking about covering it with a Large Bandage for the day... can I use a Gauze Patch? ((Johnson + Johnson Brand))

Oh and Thanx everyone for helping me out.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Vixen16

Im not sure if im Allergic to Nickel though.

What about Alcohol? im not sure if you guys already mentioned it but what if I rubbed it down with Alcohol everyday.. would it maybe help?
If so.. I dont have any Liquid Alcohol but I do have Alcohol Wipes ((first AID Kit)):

Alcohol Prep
Isopropyl Alcohol, 70% v/v
Sterile
NOVAPLUS Brand

^^Could I use those?

Also im thinking about covering it with a Large Bandage for the day... can I use a Gauze Patch? ((Johnson + Johnson Brand))

Oh and Thanx everyone for helping me out.
OW! I wouldn't rub alcohol on it.
No way. The sheet I got with my body piercings said Salt Water or antibacterial soap (specifically softsoap, provon and one other one).

I prefer a saltwater soak--I use sea salt if they get irritated. 15 minute soaks when I do them. When I first got them, I soaked them for 20-25 minutes twice a day. Hope that helps.

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by littleraven7726

OW! I wouldn't rub alcohol on it.
No way. The sheet I got with my body piercings said Salt Water or antibacterial soap (specifically softsoap, provon and one other one).

I prefer a saltwater soak--I use sea salt if they get irritated. 15 minute soaks when I do them. When I first got them, I soaked them for 20-25 minutes twice a day. Hope that helps.

Thanx!

Well I know the Alcohol would burn.. but if it would help.
The sheat I got said Antibacterial Soap, which ive been using.. but other people are saying thats bad to use.
Ive been doing the Salt Soak since Yesterday.. I hope the Salt helps.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanx!

Well I know the Alcohol would burn.. but if it would help.
The sheat I got said Antibacterial Soap, which ive been using.. but other people are saying thats bad to use.
Ive been doing the Salt Soak since Yesterday.. I hope the Salt helps.
The sheet I had said once they are healed you should only use the soap once or twice a week. So you might be using it too often. That definitely irritates piercings.
Softsoap is the only one of the 3 I can find, and it has scent in it which bothers my piercings too.

I have much better luck with the saltwater soaks.

pee-cleaner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
As many have said, it appears you have an infection. You likely need oral antibiotics from the doctor. Salt water and all the other stuff are useful in NORMAL HEALING SITUATIONS, not for treating INFECTION.

It's been 6 months. It should be healed and causing no problems. Clearly that isn't the case. Just make a doctor's appointment and get it tended.

Good luck,

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Idk.. the ring is suppose to be Stainless Steel.. can there still be Nickel in Steel??
ive bought a couple Stainless Steel Banana Bells for later.. that would Suck if thats the issue.

Isnt Solid Gold Expensive.. like into the $100+??
I got mine on sale, a few years ago, so it probably is now. I dunno what else to suggest.
You have gotten great advice, so I think you'll figure it out soon enough.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No alcohol!
Do not use petroleum-based ointments (e.g., Neosporin, Bacitracin, etc.), peroxide, alcohol, Betadine, iodine, and Hibaclense!! These substances can hinder and prolong the healing process.

Alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, Betadine, Hibiclens and/or ointment(s) are all inappropriate products for body piercing aftercare

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I wrote that all down.. were gonna pick up some Sea Salt when we go to the store in a couple days.. till then ill use Salt. Ill try that and see if it helps. Thanx

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Gosh you guys Post quick! lol its hard to keep up with you all.
Soak it with Epson Salt for 15 mins at a time.. Then clean it with Bactine

Do this at least 2-3 times a day.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a professionally trained piercer and have been doing it since '01, even though I am not currently employed at it. As long as the stuff coming out of it is not green or brownish, it in probably not an infection, it did not look like one, maybe a pimple, a commom cyst, or just irritation from the ring being pulled or turned in your sleep. I would recommend going to a tattoo or piercing place and having them change it to a sterile barbell. Start with the sea salt soaks again to draw that bump out. It can take up to 2 years for a navel piercing to completely heal all the way through. People used to think that a ring was the only way to go with a new piercing, but it has since been found that using a barbell cuts problems and healing times. I hope this helps.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eep, I would take it out if mine looked liked that. It looks as if your body is rejecting it.

When I had mine done, I soaked it in epsom salts and warm water twice a day for like 6 months. It never became infected or anything.

My friend who got hers done at the same time as me...hers was totally rejected and came right out and looked alot like yours does now.

Good luck with it either way...but that looks painful!

tobi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Seriously, trust me, go get the ring changed to a bar. Rings are terrible for new piercings. I can almost promise you it will get better with next to no care at all if you have a right sized bar in there!
The exact same thing happened to me and it was the only thing that fixed it.

Also, I have experience with the guy who did my tattoo, and even though he's a fantastic tattoo artist, he doesn't know
about piercings.
That doesn't really matter anymore though - I don't know anyone who hasn't gotten a dodgy piercing or two! All that matters is healing it up!

If you're short on cash, and that's why you're not changing it, you can get cheap (but make sure they're "Surgical steel" (NOT stainless steel)) brand new belly bars on ebay!

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My Piercing doesnt hurt at all really, the Goo stuff is a very light yellow color... so I dont think its Infected.
I cant get to another Piercer.. as I said before the nearest Piercer place is to far. Ill look on Amazon ((we dont shop on eBay))for some Surgical Steel Barbells-- wait.. Barbells or Banana Bells??

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

My Piercing doesnt hurt at all really, the Goo stuff is a very light yellow color... so I dont think its Infected.
I cant get to another Piercer.. as I said before the nearest Piercer place is to far. Ill look on Amazon ((we dont shop on eBay))for some Surgical Steel Barbells-- wait.. Barbells or Banana Bells??
You want a banana for a navel piercing as far as I know. If you use a plain straight barbell, it will not fit correctly. I used a banana type barbell for my nipple rings this time and they healed MUCH better than the last time I had them pierced (well the 1 that is left now since the other fell out).

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't go through Amazon, try here, great prices, great jewelry.
I buy exclusively from them.
Body Candy

And this is what everyone is telling you to wear for a navel piercing.
This one is actually the very one I wear.
Titanium barbel

ETA: In case you were not aware *most* navel piercings are 14 gage.
Check the paperwork you got with your piercing to be sure you are buying the right gage size.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yikes!!!

I had my belly button pierced when I was 16 with my mom's consent but it looked nothing like yours - it doesn't look good at all. I would go where you got your piercing done and ask them if it's normal. it sure doesn't look normal and I would go to the doctor and get anti-biodics. it looks painful!
maybe they hit a nerve or something? make sure you keep the area really clean! I used neosporin to clean mine when I got it done but I took it out before I was supposed to and cleaned it and it closed up. I felt really sick when I got it done when they used the clamps and then I went out to Arbys for lunch.
I personally wouldn't do it again. I thought about it after it healed but I didnt want to go through that feeling again. it didn't hurt just the clamps they use make you feel kinda sick.. - in fact me getting my cartlidge pierced on my ear hurt worse I thought than getting my belly button pierced!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hehe I got both nipples done all in a matter of one song! It wasn't bad at all I didn't think... But them my friend got hers done and she darn near passed out! Ive got straight, she's got banana, and we each have one that still has its issues! I dont think yellow is the color you should be seeing coming out of your peircing, sounds like puss to me!! Signs of infection! Get it taken care of! Is the lump thingy still there???

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nope, no Lump.. it disappeared the day after I posted this Tread.
Im gonna look into getting a Titanium Banana Bell soon.
And the stuff coming out isnt Yellow... its a very Light Yellow, almost White.
Now it may look Painful.. but is Not. I hardly notice it unless my Clothes start bothering it.

Oh and the Info Paper I got from the Piercer says it can take from 6 Months to a Yr for the Piercing to heal Completely.